32. All Yours.

***Arya's POV.***

My hands tighten around Vedant's as the elevator goes up. He has a calm look on his face, the one I have never seen before. It looks like he has gotten free of another burden. If that is the case, then it must be because of that woman.

Who was she? The way she was talking to Vedant made me feel like they knew each other. Not just as college friends. But something more than that. And it made me feel ‌uneasy for a few minutes. Then she left with a man and seemed so happy. Like I am with Vedant.

Vedant always tells me after the situation comes, which leaves me a little unprepared. Looks like my husband is not only late in packing but also revealing his secrets. Well, we all have one habit like that. However, I know Vedant would tell me everything and that's one good thing about him. I just hope it doesn't spoil our night.

"Sit. I have to order something." He says with a smile and leaves me in the bedroom.

He comes back in a few seconds and sits beside and says, "Eva used to be my friend with benefits. Not actually a girlfriend, too. We claimed no right over each other except for one."

"Oh." I say as I understand.

"Yes. I was going through a rough time in my life. Mom's ex husband just died that year and I felt like I didn't take my revenge on him. I didn't give him enough pain. It left me with so much anger and the feelings that I couldn't let go of. It devastated me because my Mom would never get the justice she deserved. Eva, on the other hand, just faced a heartbreak when her longtime boyfriend dumped her for another woman who was rich and could help him in his career." He says and keeps my hands in his.

"We found little salvage in each other. But it was never more than that. And as soon as it got over, I felt guilty somehow. But then I would forget about it as anger would take its place. It happened for sometime before something woke me up. Dadu and I were talking when he said that only a weak man uses a woman to escape his problems. And that made me realise what I was doing. I was using Eva to get rid of my weakness. I was becoming like that man even without realising it. It made me feel so disgusted with myself. I broke off my arrangement with Eva and told her what we did would not make us feel any good. We should just try to move past this." He says, and I see anguish in his eyes.

"What did she say?" I ask.

"She cursed me, which I deserved." He says with a chuckle, "She was angry and frustrated by her situation and I made it even worse by sleeping-" He stops the sighs, "I always somewhere felt guilty that I ruined her life somehow by just being there. I could have stayed and supported her, but then later it would have made both of us hate each other. So I left, as I thought it would be best for us."

Few minutes pass by in silence and Vedant keeps looking at my hand with his head down. I can't understand what agony he must go through at that time, but I know he pulled through it for his family. Even later on only but he left for his family's love rather than his anger and hatred for his father.

Everyone has their weak moments, but we should applaud the one who pulls oneself out of it. Vedant could have kept silent about it and I wouldn't have said anything, as it happened years before we met. But he is an honest person and doesn't want any complications in our relationship.

And now he is waiting for me to accept him with all his faults. Well, I gave my heart to this man way before anything. Now the only thing that matters is if he feels the same way or not. Because nothing else matters. It all comes down to love.

"Did you love her?" I ask him and hold my breath..

"No." He says calmly and finally looks up in my eyes and continues, "I didn't love her."

"Okay." I say, then ask the question which I wanted to ask for sometime now, "Do you love me?"

This time he smiles broadly, like the answer makes him happy and says, "I am falling for you. So yes, I am halfway through there. So I can say this. Yes. I love you, Arya."

For a second, my heart beat so much faster that I feared it would come out of my body. Then Vedant just pulls me towards him and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his shoulder and hold him close as I kiss him back.

"So do you love me too?" He asks after breaking the kiss, and I nod shyly. "I want words, Arya." He says and waits till I gather my courage.

"I... I... I love you, Vedant." I say and look up at him. His face lights up and his eyes speak out about how happy he is.

"Oh, Arya." He says and kisses me again.

I clench his collar in my hands and then try to push away his coat. I feel his hand on my leg and shiver as he moves it upwards. After removing his bow tie, I stopped what I was doing, but then went with the flow and unbuttoned his shirt. As he moves us to the middle of the bed, he stops.

"Are you sure it is okay? I mean, I just told you about my past and instead of being a little angry or upset-" He says, but I stop him by putting my fingers on his lips.

"Tonight is all about us. And nothing else. We love each other and I want to feel that love with actions rather than words. So be mine for tonight. Just like I am all yours." I say, looking straight into his eyes.

"Not just for tonight. I am all yours for my whole life and beyond that. You are stuck with me." He says with a smile.

"You are too." I say with a smile, too.

And with those last words, we lose ourselves in each other's arms. We became one in every way that was possible for a husband and wife to be. I cuddle myself closer in Vedant's arms and sigh when he tightens his arms around me.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I hide my face in the crook of his neck, "Tell me, please. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

I shake my head and say, "I am fine."

"I love you." He says, and I finally look at his face.

"I love you too." I say, and he kisses my forehead.

We sleep in each other's arms and I have a beautiful dream with him there.