14. Considerate Husband.

***Arya's POV.***

"You must be thinking that although we are in the same city, so why am I crying this much?" I say as I wipe away my tears and he passes me more tissues.

"No. You left your home, you left the people who you love. Not in another sense, but they would not be there every day when you wake up. They are close, but not that close. Don't worry, even if you are going to a new place, I will be there." He says and I chuckle.

"How do I look? My mascara must have run down my cheek." I say.

"It has not. I think you finally found a waterproof one, unlike Mom. Here check for yourself if you don't believe me." He says as he takes a hand mirror.

"You have everything I need. Did you prepare everything?" I ask and check that nothing is spoiled.

"I have a Mom who cried when she took her first look at me. So I thought you would need it too. Feeling better?" He asks and I nod. "Good. Anything else you need?"

I think for a minute and say, "I really want some coffee. I woke up too early. And we have more rituals when we reach your home."

"Our home." He says.

"Our home." I say.

"Okay." He says and tells the driver to stop near a cafe.

He goes after asking me what I want while I wait in the car. It is already 7 and the sky has turned dark. I look at the cafe and see people looking at our car and Vedant. Some of the girls stop in their tracks to take his picture. Well, he looks handsome today so obviously they would gawk at him.

He comes back with our take away coffee and gives me one. He tells the driver to drive slowly as the coffee is hot and we are in no hurry to go back. We drink the coffee as he tells me that he woke up a bit late as he had some last minute projects to finish.

"That's okay. You must be in a fix right now. The wedding was so soon and then we had to go for a temple visit and everything else. You must be tired." I say.

"A little. But nothing I can't handle." He says with a smile.

When we reach in front of our house, my new home, Mom comes out and asks, "Where were you both?"

"I needed coffee." I say and hope she won't get upset.

"Of course you did, Arya. Unlike Vedant you must have woken up early. Come. Let's finish with some rituals then you can rest. Okay?" She asks with concern in her eyes.

"Okay." I say and hold back my tears. I have got the sweetest Mom for sure.

We stand outside the door as Mom pours oil on both sides of the door then Dadi does our aarti and asks me to push the kalash of rice and silver coin on the top gently. I do so while Vedant supports my balance then I put my feets in a plate full of kumkum water. I walk on white cloth laid out in front of it.

Then we go to Pooja room and take our blessings from Mata Rani. Dadu takes my arm and makes me sit on one side while Vedant sits on the other side. Between us a big vessel is put to find the ring.

"You know the deal, Arya." Vedant teases me.

"No." I say making clear that I won't tell him where his name is on my hand.

"Don't cry when you lose then." Vedant says with a goofy grin.

"Vedant! She is your wife." Mom scolds him, "Arya, make sure you win. I don't want him ruling the marriage. I want you to have the power so he would come home early everyday."