38. Patching Up.

***Arya's POV.***

"Arya, what are you doing?" Shaurya Bhai asks, looking up from his files.

"Nothing." I say and keep looking at him continuously.

"You are distracting me." Bhai says and closes the file.

"How come?" I ask.

"What is it? You have been looking at me ever since I came home. That was fifteen minutes ago. What is the deal?" He asks.

"Just checking." I say sheepishly.

"What?" He asks.

"If you are turning into a boring person." I say and look anywhere but at him.

"And am I?" He asks.

"You are on the verge of. So I have to do something to save you, or maybe someone else can." I say with the wriggle of my brows.

"Who said I was boring?" Bhai asks.

"Me. Me. I mean to say not me, but I can answer who said that?" Parth says, coming out of nowhere.

"No, you can't answer that." I say.

"It is Ve-" He goes to say when I elbow him in his side, "Ouch, Arya. That was uncalled for. I didn't teach you that move to use it on me."

"So, my brother-in-law called me boring?" Shaurya Bhai asks and folds his arms in thinking.

"Vedant observation power is good. That means he would be here any minute to apologise." Reyansh Bhai says as he loosens his tie and Mami comes out with a maid to give us all tea and coffee.

"Anything else?" Uma asks and when Mami shakes her head, she leaves but stops, "Should I fry the kaali dal or are you going to Mam?"

"I will do it in a few minutes." Mami says and sits beside me.

"So Reyansh Bhai was right. Vedant is coming here for dinner, isn't he?" I ask Mami.

"How did you know?" Mami asks in surprise.

"Because he likes kaali dal a lot and you know that. And if I am not wrong, you made kaali dal yesterday as well. So I don't think you are that forgetful to make kaali dal two days in a row." I said.

"Good deduction, Holmes." Parth says.

"Whatever." Mami says.

"When did he call you?" I ask.

"In the afternoon. My Jamai is going to stay here for the first time. So everyone of you all is warned against any stupidity. I want his stay to be comfortable and pleasant. So he will visit more." Mami says.

"He is staying?" Four people ask together and Mami covers her ears.

"Oh-ho, so what? It is good that he is staying here for a night so he would know our family more closely. So keep in mind no misbehaviour would go unseen. I would punish whoever goes against my words." Mami says.

"Why are you looking at me?" Parth asks with wide eyes.

"You know exactly why? And I am warning you, your punishment would be more severe than theirs." Mami says.

"That's mean, Mom. Sometimes I feel if I am even your son that you treat me this way?" Parth asks melodramatically.

"Reyansh, I think it is time to tell our little brother where we found him." Shaurya Bhai says.

"Yes, it is high time he knows why he is so different from us all." Reyansh Bhai says.

"Yes, I remember I got to know that you both found him in the temple wrapped in a cartoon towel with a joke book in hand." I say, and Parth looks at us in shock. We burst out laughing after a few seconds.