40. Epilogue.

***Vedant's POV.***

***Two years Later***

"I am so sorry you have to wait so long. But I am here now." I say and kiss her hands. Her pout finally turns into a smile. "Now there is my girl. Look what I brought for you."

"Ahem!" I hear a cough behind me and we both go still.

I turn around with a smile and say, "It is not what it looks like."

"You are here late at this hour of night. She is in your arms smiling. And I see her new gift that you were hiding from me all day in your hand. So tell me, dear husband, what is it then?" Arya asks, and she looks hot in her pink nighty, "Shake that thoughts off." She says she knows what's going on in my mind.

"I was just being a marvellous example of a man." I say in my defence.

"Yes. I can see that by bribing our daughter so she would point to you at the naming ceremony." She says.

"Well, desperate time needs desperate measures." I say and hug my daughter close to me while Arya rolls her eyes.

"Parth was just joking. Do you seriously think I will let him name her Mani Revathi? Please, it would take me ages to call her down and she would use it as an excuse." She says and sits down on the bed.

"That is your excuse. What if others make fun of her? Leave it, I will not spare them. But don't forget you didn't object to Dansihta. No, it was Damista. No. What was it?" I say as I try to remember the name.

"Dhanishtha." She says.

"Isn't that too worldly? How would my daughter feel when her father can't spell her name properly?" I say.

"You are so silly, Ved. Parth and I were just teasing you. So was Mayra when she suggested Poorvabhadra." She says and I know she is telling the truth as I see her mischievous smile.

"Seriously, where did they find names like that?" I ask and sit beside her.

"I have a name in mind. If you want to hear it, I can tell you now." She says and my baby fusses to go to her mother.

"Fine. But it better be good." I say as she takes our daughter in her arms and cradles her.

Arya looked at me with love in her eyes that is ever so present in her eyes, which dragged me out of darkness and brought me to this beautiful life and gave me so many reasons to be happy. One that is cooing cutely up at us right now.

"Amara." Arya says and I look at her, "Loved by everyone, isn't she? Also goes with her zodiac sign. So is it to your standard?"

"Amara." I test it and our girl squeaks. "Looks like someone liked her name. Fine. Amara it is then. But I am naming the next one."

"Fine. You have four years to think about it." She says, but I chuckle because I know my wife's heart is already yearning for a second one.

***Arya's POV.**

***Three Years Later***

"Vedant, where are you?" I ask as I try to raid the fridge to find the ice cream that I stored for myself.

"I am on my way home. Why? What happened?" He asks.

"Bring me ice cream. And come fast. And next you and your daughter better not touch my stock." I say and come out of the kitchen.

"I am sorry. Tell me which flavour do you want?" He asks.

"Guess yourself. And if you are wrong, Ved, then you will sleep on the couch for sure." I say and hang up.