12. Mehandi & Sangeet.

***Arya's POV.***

I came back to my room after Mami shooed me away from doing the house chores. She said as I am a bride I should not work. I just need to relax and enjoy my time here. I shake my head at that. How much can a person rest after all?

I pick up my phone when it buzzes and see the text from Mayra. She has sent me some pictures she clicked of us. I scroll through it and see one of her pictures with Veer. Looks like the hour she spent with Veer was for some cute selfies. I smile at that and send her a thank you text. Then I go back and see the text Vedant sent me this morning.

'What did you and Dadi talk about last night when we were about to leave? You looked tense. I hope she didn't say something which upset you in some way.'

I sit on the bed as I remember what she said last night.

— Flashback...

I was thinking about why Vedant was upset with the presence of our wedding planner when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up to see Dadi. They are now leaving. Before she could say anything, Mom took my hand and complimented me again.

"I can't wait. I just want you both to get married soon and come home. So I could make my son jealous." Mom says teasing Vedant and he shakes his head while I blush.

"Just four days, Purvi Ji. Then she is all yours. And Vedant is ours." Mami says with laughs and they start to depart.

"Purvi is very happy with this wedding but she is more happy with you becoming her daughter." Dadi says from beside me.

"I am happy to get her as my mother too." I say.

"You should be. You can't find a mother-in-law like Purvi who is loving and would adjust to your wishes." Dadi says, "But the question is would you do her the same favour?"

"What do you mean, Dadi?" I am confused by her question.

"Arya, I am always going to be direct with you because now I consider you as a part of my family and there should be no hesitation in stating what you feel to your family. I don't like you giving too much importance to Mayra." She says with a serious look in her eyes.

"Why? She is also part of the family." I say.

"Don't act like you don't know what is going on in our family. And about why? Maybe because right now your priority should be Vedant and his Mom. Not Mayra. Your Dadu and I have lived our life and have each other so don't worry about us much. I don't care if you ignore me for a day but I would be bothered if Purvi doesn't get what she deserves. And she deserves to enjoy this wedding just like you and Vedant. So for Purvi's sake, I would insist that your attention should be first you yourself then Purvi then Vedant than anything else." Dadi says.

"I will try, Dadi. But if Mayra wants to enjoy this wedding she will. A wedding in society is not just for the bride and groom's enjoyment, it is for their family too. I can't stop talking to people if they are talking to me politely. That would be rude of me. But I promise there won't be any problem too." I say and after a few seconds she nods and leaves.

"What happened? What did Dadi say so seriously?" Reyansh bhai asks.

"Nothing." I say with a smile and turn to wave at Vedant as he goes.

— Flashback Ends.

"What should I tell him?" I ask myself then pick up the phone again and type in.

'Nothing. Just that I should wear more silver than gold, it suits me.' I sent the text.

'Don't lie. If you don't wanna tell me it is okay. But don't lie. Everyone knows gold looks best on you. You proved that last night. And the minimality of it was beautiful.' He sent a text after a minute.