Chapter Sixteen

S I X T E E N

Six months pregnant, I could barely stand the sound of my husband's voice but I was trying my best to be sweet and not be so damn hormonal. My doctor visits were interesting especially when he decided to tag a long. He found questions that didn't even make sense and almost got banned from being in the room with me. Every time he heard the heartbeat, he smiled happily.

I kind of wanted the sex to be a secret but I knew he couldn't hold it in.

"Doc, can we get the sex of the baby yet?", he asked the doctor eagerly.

"Mrs. Trager knows the gender. I thought she would have told you by now," my doctor, Ellen, gave me a look but I just rolled my eyes.

"Can I get a hint?"

I shook my head.

The girls and I wanted to do a gender reveal and he was ruining it by asking about the gender. But I couldn't help but notice the sad look he had on his face.

"Keep it a secret please. I'm planning a party for everyone else. I wanted you to be surprised," I admitted.

"Okay then. I'll wait. Just promise me we can do that thing you showed me a week ago," Tig made it very uncomfortable in front of the doctor as he tried to talk sexually.

I gave him a look before apologizing to the doctor and wiping my stomach clean of the cold gel.

"Well then, you'll know the gender in a week," I smiled widely and he leaned over to give me a peck on the cheek.

The doctor smiled at our interaction because she had seen us come in with different attitudes and moods. I guess it was refreshing to see us show one another some form of affection.

After the doctor visit,  I found the girls and had lunch with them before everyone was due back to their day to day.

()()()()()()

I couldn't shake this feeling like I was being watched. I would notice a car driving behind me slowly and even though I wasn't on high alert, I tried to keep the major details in mind. I told Mickey and she was somewhat help. She told me that I should get a gun and go to a shooting range for practice.

I took her advice.

"What's this I hear about someone following you?", Stasi asked as she handed me a pile of baby clothes. They were gender neutral so I absolutely loved them especially the light gray and yellow onesies. "Mickey says you have a gun and everything. Need me to get you a guard?"

"Nastasia, I'm fine."

The reason I didn't elaborate on the situation was because Stasi usually talked to Jax, her man, who would relay to Tig, my husband, if there was a problem and maybe I was just being too observant or something.

"Be careful, Sweetie. I don't want to lose you. The girls and I have basically become like this little family and you obviously are apart of that. I need you to stay safe especially with baby Sweetie in there," Stasi poked my belly with a smile.

I smiled back at the amazing woman. She really took me in and showed me the ropes on life with these people.

"Thank you, Stasi. I promise I'll stay safe."

We gave each other hugs and I put all the clothes down on the couch where I had created piles of different sizes and months. I needed to get the crib for the baby but I had essentially everything that I needed. Stasi told me to wait for my baby shower so that I could get the most expensive and extravagant gifts. I believed her but I couldn't stay idle as the urge to provide for my little baby became too much.

Around 9, Stasi had to leave to go relieve the nanny. I walked her out and thanked her again for bringing over the clothes she and Mickey found in this baby boutique.

I turned to go back inside and the hair on my arm and neck stood up. I glanced around but I didn't see anything weird, no random cars or people. I took a deep breath and tried not to overreact.

"I need a dog," I whispered because it had become a little lonely being pregnant and without Tig here some nights just bothered me a little.

"Very pretty for a biker whore...", a deep voice broke me from my thoughts and I froze.

A black man sat at my table with photos in his hand. He chuckled darkly.

"Can't imagine you ever thought you'd end up married to a white racist piece of shit. It's funny how the people around us can stick us in situations that we never would have been in otherwise," he kept talking. I inched away to find a weapon but he raised a gun and I felt fear pumping through my veins. "It's okay, Sweet. You're in good hands."

I felt a pinch on my neck and the world started to go dark.