Chapter Twenty Four

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  F O U R

"Okay, so we have to figure out a way to-", I started the meeting that we had called probably that evening after hearing that the guys were once again arrested for something stupid.

"Let's become vigilantes like the girls on Gang of Roses," Jace interrupted.

I raised a brow at her suggestion because one, I had a family to take care of; and two, I didn't want to be out here adding more fire under our asses then we already had. I didn't want to be like the people I had given my life to. I didn't want to drag my children into this shit either.

"No, that's fucking dumb. We don't get our hands dirty!", Stasi snapped.

She, out of all of us, had people that were willing to put down a few dogs but what happened when there were more people to put down.

"I just had babies and I'm not even cut out for all the violence and bullshit that comes with this life. I'm starting to think I should have just gotten out of here when I had the chance."

"Don't say that." Mickey's sad eyes made me rethink my statements but I didn't want to have to risk any of our lives.

"We get Damon Pope out of their hair and we prepare for any threat close to home. We shouldn't have to leave because they want to fuck everything up."

"Stasi, get them to travel out and meet whoever so they won't bring them to this town anymore. It's too close to home," I spoke to the woman who had the most pull especially being Jax's old lady and the next in line once Clay stepped down. "If they kept their bullshit at least to a minimum, then we'd have less damage control."

"She's onto something."

I was tired and my breasts were starting to ache so I needed to go pump. The meeting was just giving me this big ass headache. I would keep in mind a few things but I feel like we should all be prepared and geared up in case these men crossed a boundary.

Maybe it was time to put in some work.

()()()

She rubbed my back and I groaned in appreciation, the feel of her fingers kneading circles into my lower back just felt so good. I could have fallen to sleep since it was so peaceful in this room with the soft music playing, the smell of aromatic incense, and the constant kneading into my back, arms, and legs.

"Okay, Grace. Thank you so much."

"Welcome, miss."

I stood up and pulled on the robe that she had given me. My back felt so good that I damn neared moaned when I got up.

My phone rang.

"Hello, this is Alexis Addams. Oh yes, Mrs. Carter from the bank. Can't wait to see you," I answered with a smile and moved around the room pulling on my shorts and tank top before grabbing my shoes as I talked to her.

"Okay, great. I'm so excited!"

I smiled big as I heard the best news possible. I was going to be granted a loan to open my new business, a boutique for women and children. I would also add some handmade items inside just for those who were a little more different. It was time to put my business degree to some good use and actually cash in on my dream. It wasn't going to be in Charming but like two towns over.

I needed a fresh perspective as well as an engaging clientele.

"I'll be back again, Grace." I paid her for the session and wrote my name down for another appointment in a couple of weeks.

I had a few more things to do before I went home.

Switching POV in the next couple of chapters ...