Chapter Twenty Five

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  F I V E

A/N: I am actually loving writing this story.
Be prepared for some cliffhangers 😁

The sacrifice was too great. I felt so fucking sick that my mind reeled over the sight of seeing Jax break down as his best friend had his head bashed in because of the constant beef between myself and Damon Pope. He wanted vengeance for the death of his daughter and some of his men who had taken a hit by us. It was becoming too much.

My wife and our beautiful babies came to mind when I saw Opie lying there bloody.

"For Christ's sake, he couldn't seek a more appropriate consequence. This shit is insane," I snapped.

"You don't decide the punishment! If we did then I wouldn't be here and Ope wouldn't have taken that beating for you because it was meant for YOU. You were supposed to get your head bashed in, Tig. What the fuck don't you understand?"

Jax left me alone as he simmered down.

I couldn't think straight.

Not only was I the reason my daughter died, my wife was shot & kidnapped, but I had ended the life of my president's best friend's. This shit was numbing and soon I wouldn't be able to feel anything anymore. The drugs and girls had been a means to an end before my wife but now she gave me a purpose to live.

I wish it was enough.

()()()

"Sweet doesn't want us doing this," Mickey snapped as her sister ignored the plans that they had set out.

Instead of waiting for the signal from Sweet and the rest of the girls, Stasi decided that they were going to go forward with the plan.

"Mick, you remember when baby Abel was kidnapped and we had to go across the world to retrieve him? Imagine this Damon Pope thinks he can kill the Sons off one by one but first he wants their families to suffer. I'm not giving anyone the power to tear down what we built. Either nut up or shut up!"

"At least tell me what you plan on doing," the younger sister felt helpless as she watched her sister grab a suitcase from under the bed and opened it to reveal several guns. "Stasi, no..."

Stasi smirked but didn't respond as she removed a gun and added the magazine.

"Mick, I'm pregnant. I'm not going out there and risking my life or the baby's. I have shooters for this very reason," the older Casey sister admitted her true plans.

She was slightly surprised when her baby sister hugged her tightly. A smile came to her face as she realized this was what they were all waiting for. It meant she was ready to settle and she wasn't leaving.

"I'm so ready for more babies. So sad that I'll be in school in another state next year."

Stasi kissed Mickey's forehead.

"I'm ready for this reign of stupidity to end. Once Jax is fully committed to the club, I'll have him switch up. He can't keep putting himself and his family in danger. There are other ways to make money."

The two sisters sighed as they sat in silence for awhile.

()()()

"Take the babies into the other room, Mathilda," I handed over my baby girl as my son slept in the rocker. My nanny, Mathilda, gave me a small smile as she cooed softly at Kaylani.

"That's my niece and nephew, huh?", my big brother, Kendrick, asked as he approached me.

I gave him a look.

He looked worse for wear but I didn't say anything as he glanced around at my home. It was pretty nice and my photos of the baby were up.

"Where's Mr. Slave Master?"

"Ken... don't start."

"What? Where the nigga at?", he raised his hands in question like he was genuinely curious.

"My children are here. What's going on?", I just wanted to get to the bottom of this. Why he was here? Why he looked like he had to drink his weight in liquor before he came to see me? "You came to meet your niece and nephew smelling like a brewery?"

He gave me a sad smile.

"I wish I came to see them. I wish I came here to spend time with y'all. I ain't seen you in damn near a year, sis."

"Tell me about it."

He shifted to one side and I backed up. My mind raced with questions of what he really wanted. He never came to me this fucked up.

"Wanna sleep it off?"

"Nah. I won't be here long," he said but I saw a tear roll down his face. He swiped it quickly with a soft sniffle. "He said it would all be okay. I can't kill innocent babies but if I close my eyes..."

What the actual fuck?