Chapter Twenty Eight

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y E I G H T

"Line it up with your shoulder so you don't have any kickback," the instructor made sure we had a proper stance as we all stood there with our guns raised to the targets.

Stasi had wanted us to train with guns, learn how to defend ourselves properly without a gun, and just be overall ready for any sneak attacks. I was loving the training because it was knocking this baby weight off and boosting my butt. It also made me realize that I have so much stamina and sometimes I took work home with me. *wink wink*

We all waited for the count and gave off the first round of shots before reloading quickly and taking shots freely. I was perfecting my head shots while Mickey was still a little upset with her wounds that she gave four very particular shots to the head, heart, stomach, and privates. I couldn't say that I wasn't hurt by my brother's actions but it just made me realize that we are surrounded by people that want to do us harm.

We needed this.

"Okay, take five!"

The fact that this gun felt so natural in my hand didn't even make me question what was going on with me. I asked for this. I asked for protection and safety for my family and I was going to get it.

Stasi handed us all a water and we watched as the instructor brought our targets closer.

"Damn, Sweetie! You killing them on sight," she joked as she saw all the shots that I had were focused on the head.

"I'm torturing them and then killing them," Mickey responded as she pointed to the privates and then her other target shots.

Everyone rolled their eyes but understood completely. She and her sister had been near death as well as myself but hers was more recent and she felt like vengeance was the best way to go. I commend her for the strength she showed especially since my parents haven't left and they still speak of my brother as if he was some lost soul.

"Stasi can't fight because she's pregnant but Sweetie can. Do you wanna get into the ring later?"

"Sure," I shrugged thinking nothing of it as we finished our water and went back to practice.

/////

I laughed at how determined my four month old babies, Kaylani and Josiah, were to kick their legs while on their tummies. We were having tummy time and I might have drunk maybe two glasses of wine while I let that stupid Baby Shark song play in the background for little over an hour.

"What are you doing?", my husband, Tig, came in with what I assumed was my order of fried chicken, Mac & cheese, collared greens, peach cobbler, cornbread, rice and gravy, with a large Coke from Mrs. Casey's kitchen. She loved to feed me and I loved to eat. "Why are you torturing my babies with this ridiculous noise?"

I burst out laughing at the serious look on his face.

"They're having tummy time," I hiccuped and reached over to pick up JoJo who looked ready to cry and Kaylani saw her dad so she started babbling cutely.

"Aww, she's saying DaDa."

I rolled my eyes because he was so adamant that our babies were always saying DaDa but in reality they were just babbling. I gave Josiah a kiss before passing him to his dad and reaching for my food.

I was hungry.

"Are you staying?"

"Um, for a little while. I have to get a shower in before heading back."

"Okay, I want to eat this and take a quick nap. You can leave the babies in the room with me when you're leaving and we'll be fine," I said taking my plate and leaving to go into the kitchen.

After I stuffed myself with all this delicious hot food of mine, I headed back to the nursery and saw my husband cuddling the babies. I walked in and grabbed Kaylani to put her into the baby swing and let her dad put Josiah into the other baby swing. We had fresh breast milk in the mini fridge and it looked like he had given them some because Kay had spit up on her shirt.

"You fed the babies?"

"Yeah. They should be asleep in a minute and then I'll take my shower. Did you wanna-"

"Nope."

I rolled my eyes. He always wanted to sneak in some nasty time but I was trying to make sure that while we were still close in that way, I didn't want to miss a step and end up pregnant again.

"Why not? I was good this morning," Tig whined as I pulled him out of the babies room.

"Because I want to make sure my shot is effective. I just got it the other day and I'm going to wait 48 hours before we have sex."

"Why do you need a shot? We're married."

"Tig we can have babies but I need to be able to get this parenting thing down and find myself. My business is just starting and I want to make sure that we're going to be okay, babe."

He gave me a hug and kissed me on the temple before going into the bathroom and taking his shower which was tempting cause I really wanted to join him.

And maybe I should.

Technically there doesn't have to be any penetration when I go in there.

"Hey, babe!", I giggled as I followed him into the bathroom and started pulling off my clothes.