Chapter Twenty Six

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S I X

⚠️

"Mathilda just sent me an SOS and she said there's trouble," Stasi said as she glanced down at her phone.

She and Mickey had been just talking about her keeping the baby a secret for awhile but she just decided that with every move, she'd have to be a little transparent so that she wouldn't jeopardize her health or the baby's.

"Okay. I'll drive."

They climbed into Stasi's G Wagon and hurried to the house which wasn't that far because it had been just a five mile drive from their home.

A car was parked outside and it was unfamiliar to them.

Mickey parked just a little far down and turned the car off. She knew Stasi kept a Glock in the glove compartment and a Nine under the seat just in case so they both grabbed a gun.

"God got us."

The sister gave each other a look and creeped around the house. Stasi caught a peek of what was going on since the windows were floor to ceiling and the curtains were slightly open. She saw Sweet talking to this tall muscular man with dreads.

"You go through the back and I go through the front. I think Mathilda and the babies are in the nursery. We see if Sweet needs our help then we check in on the babies."

Mickey nodded as she headed towards the back, cocking the gun.

()()()

"Kendrick, what are you talking about?", I tried to get him talking maybe to stall and see the real reason while I tried to escape.

"Your mans killed my girl. At first I took it like a G but Damon promised to wipe all my debt clean. He said I had to kill you or the babies."

"And you believed him?"

We stood across from each other and I could see the emotions playing on his face. Sadness, anger, regret, and a bunch of other things. It wasn't enough that he had me be the bearer of all his debt despite me being the younger sibling but he wanted to come into my house and try to kill me or my children.

"I was going to marry her, Sweet. You think you the only one that deserve happiness?!", he snapped and I kind of jumped.

He was my older brother and just like that he was an enemy, a threat to my family. My heart broke.

"She didn't deserve to die," I admitted as I finally saw the gun he had in his pocket. "But my children and I are not the reason that she is dead. Why not kill the person who killed him?"

Kendrick watched me. He finally grasped the gun and pulled it from his pocket.

I shook my head.

"You were my brother. I was your keeper and now I'm nothing to you?"

"I'm taking away his heart like he did mine," Kendrick shrugged as he cocked the gun but before he pulled the trigger I heard a yell.

I ducked down and then the sounds of gunshots went off. I covered my ears as the loud sound made my ears ring.

"No! No! No! No!", I heard screams that turned into cries and when I opened my eyes and uncovered my ears, I heard gurgling noises.

"Call 911!", Stasi said as she held her baby sister, Mickey to her side. Mathilda rushed to call the police and I went around the couch to see that not only had Mickey been shot but my brother now lie dead before me.

I assessed the damage but hurried to check on my children who had started to scream at the top of their lungs.

"You're okay," I hugged both of my babies to my chest and rocked them to sleep. "Mommy's got you."

I started crying as I held my innocent babies but I couldn't hold back all the emotions I felt. One of my best friends might be dead and my brother who was sent to kill me was dead. I closed my eyes and prayed over my remaining family wishing that this nightmare would end.

"Mommy's got you."

()()()

Alessandra's heart stopped as she seen her daughter covered in blood but even more as her baby girl lie on the ground shaking. She dropped down and cradled her daughter in her arms just praying and wishing that she would make it.

"Please, baby, please wake up."

Stasi had been applying pressure to the wound on her neck but it was becoming harder and harder to keep control as she felt her sister's life spill out in the shade of blood red.

"She wasn't- she wasn't supposed to-", Stasi couldn't stop mumbling as she shook her head in denial.

Mickey had yelled out for Sweet to duck and as she went to take a shot at the man, he left off a shot as well. Mickey's was a headshot and his pierced her neck. It seemed as if the blood would not stop flowing.

Alessandra had shown up after she received the same SOS text from Mathilda who was supposed to tell her if any emergencies arose. The babies were safe but she didn't know her daughters were going to be here when she arrived.

The sound of gunshots had made her rush into the home but the sight made her sick to her stomach.

"Stasi, look at me!"

The older Casey sister stared up at her mother with glassy eyes.

"Go with Sweet and make sure the babies are okay."

Stasi shook her head. She wasn't leaving Mickey's side until the girl was fine. She didn't want to.

"Go, baby, please," Alessandra sniffled as she pleaded with her oldest to get out of the room. "Please..."

She pressed a kiss to Mickey's head as the girl shuddered. Her skin had turned a slight shade of blue and she blinked at her sister.

"Charming Police."

Officers entered the home along with the medical attention that they needed. Alessandra sighed in relief but her heart hurt as they removed her hands from her baby and began trying to pump life back into her.