Chapter Twenty Nine

T W E N T Y N I N E

When I tell you the chaos that came about felt like a Mac truck, it just made me so freaking mad. It had been trickling in since Donna's death and the secret of her death had been revealed. All of this led to Jax trying to make it seem like he had turned his back on Tig even though they were closer than ever with me and Stasi being close like sisters.

Clay was still a hateful asshole that thought he had all the pull despite giving Jax the title of President. He thought he could pull all the strings and everyone would continue to follow him because of his power over all these years.

Jax sent me a text one afternoon and I immediately got someone to watch my twins while the girls and I pulled up to the location he had sent.

Tig was supposed to be handed over to Damon because he felt like after everything this wasn't enough. Him killing Tig's daughter, Dawn, or him kidnapping me, and sending my brother to kill me or my babies. It wasn't enough for him.

I pulled up with Stasi and Mickey.

We watched as Jax stood off to the side smoking a cigarette and he gestured with his head for me to walk into the building. Stasi stayed back. I pulled my gun from my waist band and slowly crept into the building until I could see both Tig and Damon.

He was ranting about how he had just been letting him breathe and that every time he breathed, he should be thankful.

"Thankful for what?", I snapped finally tired of hearing him pretend to be some type of God.

"Ahhh, you got your girlfriend here to protect you," he joked.

"Girlfriend, no. Wife, yes."

He turned to me finally and noticed my gun was raised.

"He's just a racist asshole that you were forced to marry. Am I sensing a little Stockholm Syndrome turned into love?", Damon joked as he kept his gun pointed at Tig.

I shook my head.

The feelings that I had for Tig were not fear and yes I had grown to love him despite the situation. I can't honestly say that he didn't change my life negatively but he gave me two blessings that I will protect with my life.

"You can say whatever the Hell you want but the minute you tried to kill my family was the minute you wanted to die."

"Oh yeah? And who is going to kill me?"

"Me."

Why did all three of us say that and end up shooting him several times?

I aimed for his head while Tig got him in the side and Mickey aimed straight for his private area which started gushing so much blood. We all took a deep breath and I approached my husband with a tight hug.

"Is it over?"

My mind raced but all I could think of was being safe and feeling safe after all this time. Of course I didn't know if there were people that would come after us but from what Jax had told me they were unlikely to retaliate.

"Can we go home now?", Stasi asked as she came into the building and wrapped an arm around Mickey who seemed sort of dazed.

"Yeah."

"I'm good. You guys?"

I gave her a wink as I helped Tig out as he started limping and I could tell by the bruises on his face that they had gotten into a tussle before we came.

"Now we take this thing legit," Jax said.

I don't know if they ever would but I would be there every step of the way to make sure they don't have to do anymore dangerous and stupid things. Just live life and raise their kids.

TO BE CONTINUED...