Chapter Seventeen

S E V E N T E E N

I felt like my lungs were on fire as I tried to breathe and when I did it smelled like gasoline. I started coughing and as my body woke me up because it just started feeling weird. My skin was numb and I wondered if I was in a damn freezer. But where was the smell of gas coming from?

"Sweetie! Sweet, wake up! Wake up! What did you do to her?! You sick fuck?!", I kind of heard Tig but it was like he was whispering.

My head began to clear and I opened my eyes to pitch black. I didn't know what was going on but I could still smell gas and something sounded like a scream nearby. I tried not to breathe it in but my throat was burning and I couldn't hold my breath anymore.

"You killed my daughter and now you want to kill my wife! It was never supposed to happen. It was never supposed to be her!"

"You tried to kill Laroy and killed my innocent daughter in the process. You think I give a fuck if your wife burns in Hell. She's already in a fucking racist ass marriage. I think I'll let the little bitch suffer on her own," a dark chuckle release from whoever was talking to Tig and I finally realized that I had been kidnapped.

I was here because of one of his idiotic moves.

"I promise if you let her go, you can put a bullet right here, man. Just let her go," Tig sounded broken like he literally had no life left in him.

I couldn't imagine someone killing my child but Tig had to suffer for the deaths that he had caused. I wished he didn't have to be like he was but I couldn't pull him away from this life. He was too deeply involved.

"You have no right to tell me what I can do. I can kill her, that demon spawn she's carrying and every fucking body you love on this planet. But fortunately for you, I need you reckless idiots."

"Please, man," Tig sobbed.

I couldn't see but I knew it was bad.

"Let her see," the psycho spoke clearly and with malicious intent as I finally could see what was going on around me.

My head was near a hole in the ground which I could see bodies piled in there. Charred and one still had steam around it. The smell of burning flesh made me gag as I glanced up to the night sky.

A man came to stand above me.

"Keep that dog on a leash or you'll find yourself in a similar hole. Or should I wait until your baby is born and let you watch it burn?", he had this dark gleam in his eyes as he pointed his gun at my belly.

I couldn't move because my hands were tied behind my back.

My mind was racing.

He got enough of his sick twisted game and nodded his head over to his men who started beating the shit out of Tig. I just closed my eyes as the groans of pain filled the air.

"If I was really heartless, then I would have let all my men have their way with you before selling you to the cartel for a good amount of change. You and white trash might be walking away today but don't get comfortable," his eyes held pain but also hunger and I didn't want to see what he would do if Tig crossed him again.

They left after basically beating him down and I was cut loose by one of his men.

After they left us alone, I moved away from the hole with all those bodies and tried to catch a nice deep breath of fresh air. I didn't have my phone so there was no way I could call anyone. My instinct was to get away from here but the sympathetic part of me pulled me towards my husband.

His bruised face just made me upset. I don't know what I would do if my child was in the midst of some brutal shit but I know it would have been similar or even worse to what he had done to Tig.

"Which daughter?", I asked softly as I kneeled next to him and tried to assess his wounds.

"Dawn... I didn't know. I didn't know they were gonna kill my baby. I would have- Jesus fucking Christ- I should have stopped listening to Clay a long time ago," Tig admitted to me.

I rolled my eyes because it was the only logical explanation. Tig was the trigger puller and nobody gave a damn how the consequences blew back on him. He seemed happy being their errand boy but I knew that if I was to stay with him and let him around our child, he'd have to do a whole lot better than this fucking club.

"Give me your phone, Tig. We need to get the Hell out of here and you need a doctor."

()()()()()()()

The doctors fixed him up and I even got a check up to make sure the baby was fine and whatever drugs they had put in my system were not harmful. I saw Tara as I was leaving and I called her name to stop her.

"This is a regular occurrence?", I wanted a straight answer.

Tig and Jax were not good people to talk to about the club because they hid things and tried to gaslight me and Stasi about what we are going through.

"You signed up. Enjoy the ride," she spoke sarcastically.

I didn't fuss about it. I didn't yell like I would have years ago. I simply looked at her and realized that it wasn't her fault that I was here but my own.

"Thanks for being real."

"Hey, I'm sorry. I just meant this life isn't ever going to get easier. You should think about your baby."

"I am."