Zombie thingy

A/N: I got too invested in this oneshot, and it got longer than I planned. It takes a while to build up, I guess-

Gradient was lonely.

Well, there was Cross, Lust and Fury in the bunker with him. But he hardly knew them and didn't feel like putting in the effort to talk to them, and his mother was out.

He missed Crescent, but it was his fault he was gone.

Crescent had asked him to come with him to Sci's lab. He had wanted to look for more information about the infection.

Gradient had said no. That it was too dangerous and if he wanted information, then to go on his own.

So Crescent left.

And he didn't come back.

There was a notebook left in the storage.

A notebook that was full of details on each of the infected that Sci, himself, had probably written before becoming infected himself.

But Crescent hadn't been anywhere in sight. So if Crescent hadn't placed it there, who did?

The notebook wasn't even much help.

He had already known most of the things written in there, like how his father, Dream was the freaking amalgamation that liked to appear from time to time, Horror could be distracted if you threw some food at him, Killer would only attack if Nightmare did and Nightmare would instantly stop attacking if you called out 'dad.'

The last two were found out by Crescent. He'd figured it out by accident, and now everyone used it to their advantage.

The only thing Gradient had learned was that the effects of the virus depended on the infected's desires.

So Cross wasn't immune. He had always desired to think for himself without being manipulated into making certain choices, so the virus didn't do anything.

Except maybe make it impossible to bribe him with chocolate anymore.

The notebook was completely useless to Gradient. He just wanted to know what happened to his boyfriend, for Star's sake.

He was this close to leaving the safety of the bunker to go and look for Crescent himself.

Actually... That was a good idea. It wasn't like he had anything else to lose.

He would still need to prepare himself though. If he died before he found Crescent, the entire thing would be pointless.

He just needed food, water and a few weapons in case he got too tired to use magic, maybe.

The only problem was he didn't know where to start looking. He did know someone who would though.

*

Blue was one of the more passive of the infected, as long as you didn't provoke him.

He would appear in the most random places, offering an assortment of items. The items weren't really helpful. They were just decorations, to be honest

If you happened to encounter him though, he would not let you leave until you picked at least one of the items.

If you tried to take off without taking an item, you would most likely lose a limb.

So most just tried to avoid him entirely and stay out of his sight.

However, Blue was exactly the person Gradient needed right now.

Blue had always liked to gossip, even before he had been infected.

If you happened to take a while to decide on an item while Blue was holding you hostage, he would start talking about things he'd learned recently.