Freezing skeletons gone wholesome

A/N: Before anyone says skeletons can't feel temperatures, we're going to go with skeletons are like reptiles, except some are stuck feeling cold all the time, and others are stuck feeling hot.

.•.•.•.

Crescent shivered, rubbing his arms for a short moment before rubbing his hands together. Even his shoulders felt numb, even though it had only been a few minutes. He was always a little cold, but this was awful.

He silently cursed himself for leaving his coat inside. If he had known this would happen, he wouldn't have left it in the classroom.

Currently, he was standing outside his high school along with the rest of the school.

His accounting teacher had decided that the class would be doing a group project, and shortly after they arrived, the fire alarm went off, and they had to leave the warmth of the building.

Crescent didn't usually interact with other kids, but right now, some of his classmates formed a circle of warmth that he was grateful to be a part of.

At some point, a few of them had wandered off to see if they could convince their friends to give them warmer clothes.

One girl managed to steal someone's jacket and decided to go to the plaza across the street to buy coffee.

No, she wasn't technically allowed to do this, but none of the teachers knew she was leaving, so no one could stop her.

His cousin, Lux was always naturally warm and she didn't mind warming Crescent's hands between hers for a while, before finding her twin and going to keep him from freezing instead.

So all in all, he was having a good time.

"Crescent, are- are you okay?"

"N-no," he said, shivering as he turned to meet Gradient's eyes. "I-I'm freezing. I c-can't feel my ph-phalanges... or my- my tentacles."

Gradient let out a small laugh.

"Technically, hugs could make you feel warmer. Wanna cuddle?" he asked, raising his arms.

Crescent thought about it for a moment before stepping closer and wrapping his arms around the other. Gradient quickly returned the embrace.

"Warm..." Crescent mumbled.

"Why didn't you bring your jacket with you?" he asked.

"I- I was in the library, I d-didn't think I'd n-need it there," he explained.

"Yeah, it is always really hot in the library," he mumbled. "It's like free heatstroke."

Unlike the other, Gradient was always warm, which was great on a cold winter day. Not so much during the summer, but that was a story for another day.

"H-how long do you th-think we'll be out here?" Crescent asked.

"At first, I thought it was a surprise fire drill, but I saw fire trucks a while ago, so I guess it depends on how fast they find the fire."

"D-do you think they could h-hurry up?"

"This school had three floors, Crescent."

"I- I know, but I'm f-freezing," he whined.

"Hey, you have me to keep you warm," Gradient said.

"Y-yeah. Yeah, I do."

.•.•.•.

There actually was a fire at my high school in the middle of the winter. We had to wait outside for 30 minutes. Someone said that the fire started cuz some idiot was doing drugs in the gender-neutral bathroom and set a garbage can on fire.