Behold! Smol bitty <3

"I didn't know you could sew." 

Gradient glanced up, making eye contact with the teal-eyed bitty seated on the pillow.

It used to freak him out when he'd find the bitty watching him suddenly, but by now Gradient knew to expect it. Even if he had officially adopted him, Crescent still had a habit of popping up randomly to potentially cause chaos like the feral gremlin he was. 

At least he wasn't running away every time Gradient caught sight of him now. 

"I noticed some of your blankets were ripped, and my dad was busy," he explained.

"So you're doing it yourself?" the bitty asked.

"Yeah," he replied, before adding as an afterthought, "Sorry I didn't ask first. I know you don't like it when we touch your stuff without permission."

"It's okay if it's you," Crescent replied. "I know you'll give it back." 

Gradient smiled at the amount of trust the bitty had in him, ducking down to get back to work, this time with Crescent watching intently.

"Are you making a flower with the thread?" he asked.

"Yeah. I thought it would look nicer than just stitching the hole up..." he replied, feeling a bit self-conscious.

"It does look nicer!" 

"Thank you," he said, frowning at the crooked stitches. "I'm still learning though. I'm not very good at it yet."

"It's better than anything I could do," Crescent replied. 

"You probably could, if you tried," he countered. "You're really smart. You can figure something out."

"It looks like too much work though, I don't want to," he said with an exaggerated sigh, flopping onto his back and quickly rolling over onto his 'stomach' to free his tendrils.

"Well, I guess the needle is pretty big to you," he commented, holding it out. "It's like twice your height."

"It's like Cross's sword!" Gradient laughed.

"It is!" he replied.

"How does he even hold it up? It has to be heavy, right?" 

"One of life's greatest mysteries," he said dramatically, getting a giggle out of the bitty. 

They lapsed into a moment of silence.

"Gradient, are you done with my blanket yet?"

"It's been like two seconds, Crescent."

"But I'm tired noooooow and I wanna take a nap." Gradient let out a huff of amusement. He knew exactly what Crescent was asking for.

"Here," he said, lifting the bitty and placing him onto his shoulder. "Next time, just ask me."

"Mmh... okay," he mumbled, tugging on Gradient's hood and curling up. "Gonna sleep now."

"Alright then, sleep."

"I am."

"Okay then."

"I am!"

A/N: Fluff without plot is so much easier to write, I should do this more often