After years of looking, I finally found them part 2

A/N: It's Dreamswap again, lol. I read up on it a bit to polish up my knowledge and remembered that they while they swap roles, they don't swap personalities. Their thought processes are just slightly different- except for Blue, but that's cuz of trauma with his brother, I think. This one shot basically exists just to fix my stupidity :')

.•.•.•.•.•.

Crescent really liked Gradient. A lot. His mother knew. He teased him relentlessly for it and even had the audacity to get Cross set them up as roommates when Ink decided to kick Gradient and Error out of his house.

His mother always said that if Crescent loved him so much, then he should just confess. Crescent didn't think so. Lots of things went wrong with love. Just look at all the examples.

His mom loved his uncle, but he was literally trying to kill him and Crescent for being beacons of negativity. He also might be the reason Crescent was afraid of going outside alone...

Ink and Error apparently loved each other somehow, but his mother said they didn't love each other enough.

And then there were his own parents. They hardly even knew each other's names. They just had Crescent after a one night stand and then never met again... Except for his father to say, yes, he was going to pay child support, he was just trying to make ends meet right now, please don't call the cops.

What Crescent felt wasn't love, it couldn't be. Love could go wrong in so many ways. He just really, really liked Gradient and as a good friend, was willing to do anything for him. Even put up with what mother called agoraphobia for just a little bit.

Mother's gifts shouldn't be going to waste anyway.

He had always liked watching the way fire danced around, even if it was dangerous and terrifying, and there were so many things that could go wrong while he were out. But Crescent had been careful with where he kept his moonlight and Gradient hadn't noticed him shaking and the cold made the way his voice trembled seem perfectly normal.

He was good at pretending and his mother couldn't sense emotions over the phone so no one would ever know how he really felt.

It's not that he didn't want to share his problems. He did, he really did. He hated keeping things to himself. He just... didn't think anyone would want to listen.

Everyone had real problems and then there was Crescent feeling lonely when there were clearly people around him. It was stupid. And if he really wanted more friends, he could just go outside or something. Mother kept saying not to push himself but it was just a stupid fear.

If he could go out with someone at night, which was technically equally dangerous, then why not alone in the day? Why do his emotions have to be so weird?

This... this was all too much. His thoughts always seemed to get depressing after a night out. He'd go out, get reminded of all his flaws and then want to spend the next day in bed. Why was he so pathetic?

He should probably stop thinking about this before he feels even worse...

Gradient would be waking up soon to go to work and while Crescent wasn't allowed in the kitchen, he could at least set the table.

But then Gradient would know he was awake at 4 in the morning and he didn't have any reason to be since the other didn't know about his insomnia. Crescent did not want to explain himself. Not today.

Gradient would be working today from early in the morning to late at night... If Crescent decided to stay in bed, he probably wouldn't notice as long as he got up before he came home at midnight.