Told my sister to pick a topic and she said music

Gradient hummed softly with his book lying open on the table in front of him. He began tapping his phalanges absentmindedly.

Crescent was sitting next to him, resting his head on his shoulder with an open book in his hands.

"It's really quiet..." Gradient mumbled.

"Well, it is a library," Crescent replied, flipping the page.

"I don't like it," he said. It reminded him of the Anti-Void when his mother went out.

"Turn on some music," Crescent replied. "With earbuds or something, so the librarian won't get mad at us again."

To be fair, last time she got mad just because Crescent walked in. His father's reputation had an effect on what people thought of him, so when she saw him, she started screaming.

So Gradient wasn't going to count that, because she was just angry that Crescent decided to exist in the library.

But he also knew that Crescent was probably right.

He let out a sigh, pulling his phone out and scrolling through one of his playlists. Once he decided on a song, he pulled out his earbuds.

These earbuds were specifically designed for skeletons. They looked like little disks that used mostly magic to just stick on over where their ears would be.

Gradient put the first one on and then gave the second to Crescent. Crescent flinched slightly, looking up from his book.

"Sorry, I just thought you'd like this song," Gradient explained.

"That's fine, just give me a warning before sticking stuff to my skull," he replied with a small laugh.

"Sorry," he repeated.

"I said it's fine," Crescent mumbled, going back to his book.

Gradient smiled softly, pressing the song of his choice. Crescent hummed the beginning of the song, seeming content.

"Did you listen to this song before?" he asked.

"Maybe," Crescent replied.

"Oh."

"It's a good song. I could listen to this all day."

"That's great."

"Will you boys keep it quiet over there?!" the librarian hissed.

"We weren't even that loud," Crescent mumbled.

"Don't let her bother you," Gradient said in a low voice. "Just read your book and listen to the song."

Crescent grumbled something under his breath but went back to his book. Gradient gave another smile and went back to his own book as well.

A/N: IT'S SHORTER THAN INK BUT TAKE IT