Vampires rawr

A/N: So I don't know much about Vampireverse. Everything in this story is stuff I found on the Amino wiki, and we all know how accurate that is so if I make mistakes, go blame the wiki. Anyway, from what I've seen neither Crescent nor Gradient exists, but we're going to pretend they do.

.•.•.•.

Gradient took in a deep breath, grinning to himself before vaulting himself through the open window.

"Hi," he said, before quickly ducking as the owner of the room threw a book at him, spitting out a string of curses in (what he assumed was) Spanish. "Jeez. You didn't have to be so rude, Crescent."

"You gave me a heart attack!" his boyfriend exclaimed. "I know the window was open, but you couldn't at least knock?!"

"Sorry, sorry," he replied, "I just missed you a lot."

"I missed you too," Crescent replied. "Dad just kinda showed up with his boyfriend and decided he wanted to parent me halfway through my life. He's stricter than mom and I can't sneak out as much."

He spat out the word 'boyfriend' with disgust.

Gradient decided not to comment on that.

"Oh. That's... nice? What's your dad do for a living?" he asked, taking a seat on the bed and crossing his legs. Crescent simply walked over and dropped his head onto his lap before answering.

"Well, he says he and his boyfriend are vampire hunters-" Gradient stilled, a wave of panic hitting him. "-but his boyfriend is clearly terrified of the idea of a vampire encounter. Which is dumb when you've supposedly been doing this for 20 years. So I think he has a job he's ashamed of."

"That is... quite the assumption," Gradient mumbled.

"I guess so. Also, he's really paranoid and he thinks I'm going to get murdered somehow."

"I mean, that's not unreasonable. You are hanging out with me, one of the princes of vampires, of all people," Gradient pointed out in a hushed whisper.

"Well, you're doing a great job at murdering me, aren't you?" Crescent countered.

"Point taken."

"Crescent, who are you talking to?" came a voice from behind the door.

"My boyfriend, dad," he replied. Gradient glanced down at him, eye sockets wide as he tried to somehow communicate to him that he did not want to be caught here.

"¿Qué?" his father exclaimed, attempting to open the door only to find it was locked.

"I have a life too," Crescent replied calmly, sitting up.

"Then why didn't I hear him come in?!" his father snapped, somehow opening the door and staring down at them. "And why was your door locked? What were you doing in there?"

"You didn't hear him cuz he didn't want the vampires to hear him coming over either," Crescent lied easily, wrapping his arms around Gradient. "And we're only cuddling. I just like having privacy."

Gradient decided his boyfriend knew what he was doing and chose to keep his mouth shut so his fangs stayed hidden.

"How could I possibly trust you?" his father asked.

"How could I trust you?" Crescent countered, standing up. "You just showed up after a few years after deciding you didn't even want to stay with me or mom! What the hell do you want now?!"

At this point, both of them began arguing in Spanish and Gradient felt very out of the loop, not understanding what they were saying.

The argument lasted for ages, but eventually, a third person interrupted, speaking in a tone that suggested they were being lectured and then they both quieted.

"We will be talking about this in the morning, Crescent," his father said, before pausing and adding something else in Spanish.

"Sure, sure, whatever," Crescent replied.

Gradient waited a few moments after they has left before interrupting the silence.

"Are... are you okay...?" he asked finally.

"I'm fine..." he said softly.

"If you say so..." Gradient replied. "Who was the third person?"

"Cross. He was upset we woke him up in the middle of the night."

That name's familiar. Where have I heard it before?

"The boyfriend?" Gradient asked instead. Crescent hummed in response, wrapping his arms around him.

"Sorry you had to see that," he murmured.

"It's alright," Gradient replied. "Someone once told me that it's okay to act out when you feel upset."

"And who was this someone?" Crescent asked.

"You," he replied, booping the skeleton where his nose would be. Crescent gave him a small smile.

"Right. Thank you," he said.

"You're welcome," he replied.

"Don't you have to leave soon?" Crescent asked. "The sun will come out soon..."

"Are you gonna be okay if I leave?"

"Yeah."

"What about in the morning?"

"I'll be fine. The worst dad will do is give me a headache with his lecture."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," he said firmly. "I don't like him, but he's not gonna hurt me. Just come back tomorrow, okay?"

"Of course, I'll be back," he said softly. "Should I come in through the window again?"

"Not this one," Crescent replied, before dropping his voice to a whisper. "Use the one that opens up in the attic."

"Gotcha," he said, grinning. "See you tomorrow."

"See you," Crescent replied.

A/N: I had no idea what I was doing for this one, except that I didn't want it to be cliche. And when I don't know what I'm doing, oneshots become very short-