5

Emma Brown

Emma Brown

"The Russians are looking for you , amore"
What?

"What the fuck are you talking about, Matteo?" I ask with nothing but anger and confusion in my voice. How is this possible?

"We're not the only one that are able to hack camera footage, Emma. They probably saw the footage after some guards found out what happend. You knocked out a Mafia leader. They want to find you" he explains

"What do you mean with probably?"

He looks at his lap and takes a deep breath, something happend and he's pissed
"We're not 100 % sure, but there was an attack at one of our warehouses today, Ivak escaped." Shit. That can't be good news. He looks at me. "And they left a message that they're looking for you."

Fuck fuck, suddenly I regret everything. Why the fuck did I have to save him. Don't get me wrong I am happy he is alive, but here I am. There is now way I'm going to survive this. I don't wanna live my past again.

And I won't

I feel my eyes getting glossy and my body going weak. Matteo must've noticed. "Hey shhh amore. Don't worry okay? I'm going to keep you save. You saved me remember? Now it's my turn."
He says while walking towards me. He puts his hands on my shoulders to calm me down.

"I promise you, I am going to keep you save."

"Okay" my voice comes out like a whisper.
"You should get some sleep, go to your room, okay?"

"Yes, thank you Matteo"
He furrow his eyebrows and looks at me confused "for what?"

"For not giving me to them, you could've just done that, one problem less." I look at his eyes now.
They're green, one eye is a lighter shape of green than the other, but I like it. You can't really see emotions in them. I think he learned how to control it.
One look at his eyes and I feel like everything's going to be okay. I really like those beautiful forest eyes

"But you didn't, so thank you... Good night Matteo."

"Good night amore."

❥❥❥

It's 2 am and I can't fucking sleep. I keep thinking about what happens. I am so fucking scared. But I guess I have to trust Matteo. Staying here is not as bad as I think it's going to be. I really like Mariana, she never really had a friend that's a girl. Most of the time it would be her and her brothers or family. Yeah she had some nice maids she could talk with, but she told me that it's different to talk to someone who works to keep you satisfied.