CHAPTER 1

ELYSE SANDERS

"Elyse, come down here, we have exciting news." My mother's voice came from downstairs.

"Coming." I yelled from my room.

I wonder what the exciting news would be. Well I'll have to go downstairs to find out so let's goooo.

"So wassup Mama?" I said in a cheerful voice like a kid.

"Elyse, grow up you're 20 for god's sake." Mama said and rolled her eyes.

"Yes Elyse grow up, see you're so short."  My little shit of a brother said shifting his hand from his head to mine.

Well, you see my brother is younger yet taller than me, I mean it's ok, I can manage that.

"Shut up kid." I replied

"Uh oh you're the kid here." He said.

"No, you."

"You."

"You."

"You."

"You."

"Shut up both of you."  Dad's voice boomed and we both shut up immediately.

Welp. Levi and I shared a look and started laughing.

"Now why are you laughing like maniacs?" mom sighed tiredly.

We didn't say anything we just kept on laughing.

"They are idiots, you just say what we had to tell them." Mom said.

Levi and I looked at each other again. He shook his head and shrugged indicating he doesn't know what's happening.

"So what did you guys want to tell us?" Levi asked turning his head to Mom and Dad.

"We." Mom said.

Levi and I nodded,

"Are." Dad said

We both nodded again.

"Going." Mom said.

"Oh, come on! Just say it at once now." I said irritated.

"Fine, we are going on a family trip." Mom said excitedly and squealed.

And they say I should grow up.

Levi and I exchanged looks and Levi asked,

"Trip for the four of us only?"

"No, Susan, Jack and your cousins are coming with us too." Dad said.

Aunt Susan is dad's only sister and is older than dad, Uncle Jack is her husband, they have a daughter Natalie who's two years younger to me and a son Marcus who's a year older to me.

Our only first cousins are Natalie and Marcus, mom is an only child. So we don't really have a big family. It's actually been a lot of time since we went on a family trip.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"New York." My mom answered squealing.

"What? That's almost gonna take a freaking day." Levi said.

Yep, it's true. We basically live in Melbourne, Australia. It's our home town. I'm currently studying at a university in Sydney and Levi is in high school in Melbourne itself, our break is usually from mid December to late January, and right now it's going on. And our family decided to go to New York, it must be freezing cold out there right now.

Marcus and  Natalie's home town is also Melbourne. Natalie is in my university but is doing a different course and Marcus is pursuing his degree in a university in Canberra. Yeah, we never moved out of country like to settle just say that we a feeling of nationalism for our country.