CHAPTER 27

Yeah so Tristan and I kissed and I did the mistake of telling this to the three idiots I call my friends. It just happened and I do not plan on telling Cole that, it's already so complicated I don't want to make it anymore complicated. Tristan and I already admitted it was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened.

Then why did I want it to happen?

"Elyse, my girl, you're finally being a boss baby." Sophie squealed.

"Sophie." Chris said getting annoyed and rolled his eyes.

"Guys I'm kind of in a crisis here." I said roaming around the room.

"Okay so Chris what would you do if Jake and Sophie kissed?" I asked.

"Excuse me?" They all said in sync and started laughing.

"Okay so first of all that ain't happening, if it does then I'll cry and punch Jake and tell Sophie she's a bitch." He said after being in a trance of deep thoughts. "Oh and yeah, I'll delete all the pics of Sophie that she posted on my Instagram and remove her from my bio, which by the way she did and I'll put my bio and "single as a pringle." He said air quoting the sentence "single as a pringle."

"Oh and one more thing, I'll stop inviting Jake to movie and game nights and my house and I'll not go to his and instead I'll invite Fred." He nodded and smiled. "There's more but I'll keep it a secret." He whispered.

"I'm breaking up with you."

"You're not my best friend anymore."

Sophie and Jake said in unison. Oops, not my fault.

"I don't like you Elyse." Chris said pointing at me.

"Not really my fault, anyways, guys have you seen Cole?" I asked them. They all shook their head.

Wow, it's my birthday, Cole isn't here and neither did call me for my birthday, forget call. He didn't even text me. And that my guys is the perfect boyfriend.

"Elyse the ball is at 5, have your breakfast and then start getting ready. The gown is already in your room and makeup artists will be here soon." Natalie said mocking my mom's voice.

"Is that what my mom said?"

"That is what you mom said." Natalie said nodding her head. I just sighed.

"By the way did you like my gift?" She asked.

"I didn't open my gifts yet." I said and she gave me a dramatic gasp.

"Let's have breakfast first, then first we'll open gifts and only then you're supposed to get ready." She said.

"Yeah, I don't even get the point of starting to get ready at 12, when the ball is at 5." I mumbled.

"I know, stupid royal families and their customs, I honestly wish that the law breaks." She said dreamily.

"You wanna marry Jake?" I asked her and she was all flushed.

"Nooohh." She said with an awkward laugh. Seriously they think the tension so high can be hidden from me? Delusional piece of shits.

"Come on I know you like him." I said bumping my shoulder against hers.

"Okay, maybe a little bit." She blushed.

"Come on let's go have breakfast." I said and went down the stairs, we sat on our usual places and the maids served the breakfast. Yep, breakfasts are the most lavish meals you'll have i our family. There are pancakes, waffles, there's toasts, sausages, eggs, cereal, croissant, fruits, coffee and tea, the last one is yogurt. You can pretty much have whatever you want. Some or the other thing changes daily. We all talked about minor things, dad apologised and said it wasn't right for him to spoil my birthday, I forgave him cause that's the first time he ever apologised to me.