CHAPTER 31

Dear Elyse,

I know I shouldn't have left without saying a goodbye, but the thing is I didn't have the courage to look you in the eye or Cole for that matter, you were Cole's first and he's my best friend, I can't do that to him. I like you very much, I really do but I never intend to be a bad friend, trust me Cole is really nice, all you have to give him is a chance. Only one chance. This way you won't even have to break the royal marriage act, let's just accept it despite our feelings we're not meant to be.

My family needs me in Australia, I'll be taking Callie with me, Levi and her are good together, I have no objections with them, once you return to Australia maybe we can meet as friends and you and I both will be over the phase of liking each other. I really want us to be a part of each others life.

There are some things that I can't tell you no matter how much I want you to know them. I hope I can tell you when me meet next.

Tristan :)

——————
That's it? That's all he had to write? No explanations? So his friend is really important for him I get it, but it's not like we were in love. This situation could've been dealt with easily. If he's that much of a coward than fine. He can go fuck himself.

I was trying to get us together day and night, every second of the day that's what I was thinking and he couldn't even say a goodbye? Now that I think about it Cole was much better, at least he could face what he was challenged with. Why didn't I kept falling for him? Why did I have to fall for Tristan? Why?
-
I was sobbing badly, my heart was broken. Many questions surrounded my mind, but of course I can't get all her answers.

But the thing was it was not only my heart he broke, he broke all of me, my soul, my mind, my heart, every atom in my body. I became numb, once always a jolly girl who was perfect in hiding her emotions, I couldn't hide it anymore. The pain the sorrow, the anger, the betrayal was clearly visible in my eyes.

I was in my room being soaked in my misery, that's' when Cole entered her room.

"Hey." He called out.

"Hey." My soft voice echoed in the empty room.

The thing that was surprising was I felt the same like the room, empty.

"I'm so sorry El." He said, his voice soft, soothing and calm as always.

"It's not your fault." I sniffled.

"I know, I'm sorry you have to go through what you are going through."

"I'm sorry too." I said taking a deep breath.

"So, chocolate ice cream?" he asked trying to lighten her mood.

"How can I say no?" I  chuckled.

He smiled at her.

"What you thinking?" he asked her.

"I am thinking that I'm so stupid, so so so stupid. You are too good, I don't even deserve to be your friend. Here I should be loving you, but NO! I'm in freaking love with him."

"Shh, it's ok, forget about it right, now, okay? Let's go for ice cream."

"Okay" she said and nodded.

She knew deep down, how badly he wanted to say that she should love him. Should care for him.

But he knows she loves him, but she's in love in with him.

Deep down his heart hurt like someone just shot him.

But there's nothing much he can do right?

It's all fate.

But fate can change right? Maybe I can fall for him once again? Or maybe I can find someone who values me like I deserve. Chocolate ice cream doesn't that bad right now.

We go for an ice cream, I'll not lie it didn't help me much, Cole tried to cheer me up in all the ways he could but it didn't work out all we could hear was awkward silence. Cole started a conversation cause I definitely wouldn't have.

"Have you thought about the royal marriage act? And how to break it?" He asked me, why would he want to do that?

"Why would you want it to break? Your family is at discretion, whatever happens is in your hands and last I checked you wanted to marry me." I snapped at him, coming out harsher than I should've. He looked taken aback from my words, before he could say anything I apologised, "I'm sorry- I didn't- I didn't mean to say that- I don't know-" he stopped my rambling by placing a spoon of ice cream in my mouth and started speaking.

"Elyse calm down, yes I did want to marry you, it hasn't changed but a relationship is two sided I will not force myself on you, it's just stupid just like the royal marriage act, so yeah I want to help you." He said, my eyes soften at his words.

"Cole, what's the use? I wanted to do this for Tristan and I but can you see him anywhere? Can you? No right? Then the act exists or not who cares?" I sniffled. He looked at me with pitiful eyes, I hate that look makes me feel I'm not as good as others. I hate it.

"Don't you Love Nicholas? Hasn't he done anything for you?" He asked me, what does Nicholas have to do with this? Nothing.

"Why are you asking me that? Of course I love Nicholas and he has so much for me I can't even think what all he has done for me but does this have to with this?" I asked him. He seemed empathetic. I shouldn't have thought in the first place that I can fall in love with him, I was stupid not did I just hurt him but look where it has led me.

"Him and Alessandra, they are just like you and Tristan right? So don't you want to help him?" He asked. How can forget it? How can I be so selfish that I forgot about my own brother. If my life is shit doesn't mean his life gets to be shit too, I have to be strong and get up on my feet and continue this for Nicholas and in hope for Tristan.

I have to do this.

————-

Do drop your views and votes

Lots of love 💕

~S~