CHAPTER 16

"What the fuck did you just say?" Levi shot up from his seat and asked.

"Mind your language young man." Dad warned him.

"You just told us we have another sibling, how are we supposed to stay calm?" I said in almost a whisper.

"Yes, you do." Dad answered.

"Where is he or she then?" Natalie asked.

"Natalie, sit down, don't interrupt them." Aunt Susan scolded her.

"But mom-"

"Natalie." Uncle Jack warned, she then settled back on her seat peacefully.

"But I sure wanna know, where is he or she? Why was this hidden from us?" I asked demandingly.

"His name is Nicholas and he's 23." Dad answered.

"That's it, you're not gonna tell us where is he and why we didn't know about him all our lives?" Levi asked.

"Yes that's it, you did know because we didn't want you to." Mom answered.

"That's absurd, where is he? Is he alive? Does he know we exist?"

"Yes he is alive and he knows you exist."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Hidden, the world shouldn't know about him, it's one of the reasons you have to marry Brice."

"I don't understand." I said.

"You're not supposed to, just do as we say, it's important for our family, for your brother."

"He's not my brother, I don't know him. Why will I place my life at stake for someone who you could be lying about."

"Don't you trust us Elyse?" Mom asked.

"Give me a reason, I will." I snapped back.

"See, this is the proof." My mom showed me a picture. It had me and Levi when we were younger and a boy who looked exactly like me but a little older than me.

"How can we believe this is not photoshopped or this is a random kid?" Levi asked.

"I needn't give any explanations, I love all my children equally and this is important, Elyse I'm begging you, please marry Brice for the sake of the De Leon family."

"This is bullshit." Tristan said and left so did Cole and Marcus.

"It indeed is bullshit." I said.

"Jack, Susan and Natalie, can we have a private moment please?" Mom asked them.

"Aunt Jade-"

"You come with me." Aunt Susan cut off Natalie before she could say anything.

Now I'm the hall, it was only our family.

"Elyse, Levi, I sincerely apologize to you, I know it's bad that this has been hidden from you for so long, but in order to protect Nicholas and you guys it was important." Dad said.

"How was this important to protect Nicholas and us?" I asked.

"Fine, I'll tell you guys. He was born to me and my girlfriend Lilith, before your mom's and my marriage, in royal families child that is a result of wedlock is considered ominous and moreover Lilith was not from a royal family, or else I would've married her. But it wasn't possible as your grandfather, my dad heard the conversation between me and Lilith. There was no way I could convince him so the next month I got married to Jade. The child was of course still royal blood, so at 16, it's given a chance to return to the royal family, Nicholas denied it." Dad said in one go.