CHAPTER 18

They both stopped talking but within a second they resumed and they ignored me.

The fuck?

"Guys stop fighting! You're causing a scene." I whisper yelled.

"Nicholas Kade Diaz, what do you think you're doing?" A lady who looked like she's in her 40s came out wearing a apron. She whispered his name that only him and I could hear and not even Tristan.

"Mom, just this guy.."

"I don't wanna hear it. And who might this young lady be?" She asked observing me carefully.

This must be Lilith.

"I am Elyse, Elyse De Leon." I said and her eyes widened in realisation.

"Jade and Flynn's daughter. You're pretty just like Jade.." She said.

"Thank you Ms. Diaz. You're pretty yourself." I smiled at her.

"And this young man here must be your boyfriend?" She asked.

"No he isn't." I said.

"Is he from a royalty?" She asked eyeing him.

"No, I'm not." Tristan said.

"Let me tell you something Elyse, if you fall in love with someone who's not from royalty chose your love." She said.

Does she not know about the wedding fiasco? I looked at Nicholas his eyes telling that she doesn't know.

"Sure." I smiled and replied.

"Let's sit down and talk Elyse and you may leave." He said to me and then turned towards Tristan and told him to leave.

"You do not talk to customers like that Nick."

"Fine, sorry. But it would really mean a lot if you could just leave me and my sister to talk."

Tristan nodded and left.

"We lost a customer Nick." Lilith argued.

"Mom."

"Alright whatever and Elyse if you don't mind me asking when did Flynn tell you about us?" She asked curiously.

"Uh.. he told me and Levi about you guys just a day or two ago." I replied.

"Oh." She sounded sad, "no worries, you guys catch up. I have work to do." She said and turned her back towards the door where she came from.

"It was nice meeting you Ms. Diaz." I said.

"Likewise Elyse and you can call me Lilith." She smiled and I nodded my head in return.

"Talk." Nicholas said.

"Um.. I don't know where to begin, so why don't you tell how long have you been keeping an eye on us?" I asked.

"None of your concern. Talk about something that concerns you." He said.

"If someone is following me, it's my concern I guess."

"Someone is following you?" He asked.

"I mean, you, you're the one who was following me and I didn't know." I said.

"Oh no, I'm a very busy man Elyse. I just had my bodyguards following you." He said as if it was the most normal thing ever.

"What the fu-?"

"Don't abuse uh oh." He said.

"Fine, but seriously what the fuck?" I said.

He shook his head in disbelief.