CHAPTER 29

I cut the cake, thinking about everything and I wished just like the cake, why can't I cut through all my problems? Why can't I overlook the fact that there is so much happening in life and one wrong turn can make it all diabolical.

A chorus of 'happy birthday' with some kind of fancy royal music could be heard while I cut the cake.

Cheers to the unforgettable 21, my best friends broke up. I broke up, realised I'm in love with my ex's best friend, my parents are probably mad at me, I want to cry but I can't and probably I'll return home with 2-3 proposals from the royal families , out of which my parents will force me to accept one, plus I'm waiting for the so called announcement of when the royal act of marriage will be broken. So cheers indeed. My brother wants to marry a girl I don't like and my other brother probably is dating the sister of my ex's best friend whom I love. Wonderful, isn't it?

Life's fun. Woooho. That's the 21st birthday everyone wants now, isn't it? And guess what Tristan is going back to Australia tomorrow, how fun! He told me today. He said there was something he wanted to tell me but didn't want to spoil my birthday so he wanted to wait until the final moment, stupid boy. How could he spoil a birthday that was already spoilt?

"Elyse." I heard my name being called out.

"Yes, father?" I looked back and answered.

"You did meet with most of the people I suppose." I see where it's going.

"Yes, I hope so."

"We found some suitors for you and by now I hope you understand why you have to marry so early." He said.

"I understand, it's cause of your mistakes. I do not blame you for loving someone outside the royalty, I don't. Neither do I blame you for Nicholas, he's a great brother and I love him. But in the end isn't it me who has to face the consequences of your actions? I don't blame you but then I can't blame everything on the circumstances, who else should I hate for what's happening with me if not you?" I said it all at once tears streaming down my face. Isn't it the best birthday ever?

And the clock strikes 12. I officially completed my first day as 21. 364 days before I actually have to marry. Isn't that just awesome?

"I've kept the list of suitors on the counter table, you may have look. And for what's it worth, I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I went through the same thing." He said as if he knows what I'm going through. How can he? When he's so invested in mending his own mistakes.

"I'll look through it."

"Tristan is a good boy, but unfortunately I cannot approve of him, even though I do. I'm sorry." Dad said. I looked at him wide eyed. Am I that obvious?

"I can see love." He chuckled. "I'll be honest Elyse, I love your mother, I really do but in 25 years of marriage I couldn't fall in love with her, once you are truly in love, it happens only once and it hurts me to see my children will have to go through the same. You and Levi both. Trust me it really hurts me." He said and I swear I saw a tear fall of his eye. For the first time in 21 years of my life.

"Dad, isn't there any way we can break this royalty law?" I asked him, he looked at me so empathetically. I could see him recall his memories, I could see he went through the same pain I'm going through right now.

"There is, I tried but I failed miserably, there is hardly any possibility it'll bring out any results." He said, his voice breaking.

"Tell me, it's worth a shot. Please." I requested him.

"Fine, meet me in my study tomorrow afternoon and bring Nicholas with you." He said and went out of the room.

There was a feeling of hope inside me, a feeling of relief that maybe there is a slight chance of Tristan and I. There might be a chance that Tristan and will have a future together. It's a shock to me, a real one. There is a place in my heart that is happy because I'll get to be with him but there is another place in my heart that is concerned about Cole. What about him? Will he be okay? I don't know, I'm so confused right now.
I can't ask for help from Sophie or Chris right now, that's another problem. And Marcus? When did he become so stupid to go after someone else's girlfriend. As for Jake, he has enough problems on his plate and I don't want to add mine to his problems. And I don't even think Natalie would actually understand what I'm going through, she's too self invested.

Only one thing is going on my mind, what plan dad might have? Will it work? Why does it need to involve Nicholas?

Yeah thinking about Nicholas, I think of Alessandra. I don't have a personal grudge with her but I just don't get a friendly vibe from her and something seems very suspicious about her. And I don't know what.

While such thoughts consume me I didn't realise when I fell into a deep slumber.

—————-

Heyy! I'm back lol!
So if anyone's reading this book have fun!!
I'll be updating regularly

Lots of love.

•S•