CHAPTER 21

I couldn't sleep I checked my phone, there was a message from Cole 10 mins ago asking if I was awake.

C- hey! You up?

E- yeah.

I replied, he replied back within a second.

C- can we meet up on the terrace? There is something I want to ask you.

E- um sure, see you in 5?

C- okay, see you.

And I kept my phone back, all the thoughts consuming me, what could he want at 2 am? What does he want to talk about? I don't know it seems so weird? Him wanting to talk to me right now? What is going on his mind?

I went to the balcony and Cole was already there.

"Hi" I said.

"Hi El." He said.

"You wanted to talk?" I asked.

"Yes, I did...."

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Okay look, I know it's too early to ask this, but I can't help myself, I mean we know each other for like a week and 4 days and we'll be together for two more weeks as the vacation as to last for that much time.."

"Tsk, get to the point Cole."

"Okay so, I've developed feelings for you and have come to like you very much and I wanted to ask that.. Elyse Victoria De Leon, would you like to be my girlfriend?" He said it and I could feel the world around me spinning.

"W-What?" I asked stunned.

"Elyse, I really like you, would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked taking my hands in his and looking directly in my eyes.

"Yes." I said. Yes I know it can cause many troubles but I do like him very much. I think it would work out but.. I couldn't think anymore cause his lips were already on mine and felt wrong and right at the same time.

"God, I think I can't even live a day without you now." He said.

"Shut up." I laughed.

"I'm serious." He said.

"Sure." I smiled at him.

"So you're my girlfriend."

"So you're my boyfriend."

"Yes I am" he said and i pecked my cheeks.

"Well, I guess I should return to my room."

"Yeah me too, good night love."

"Good night."

And I returned to my room, thinking that what I did was absolutely bullshit. There are only two things in my mind right now.

One, my feelings for Tristan

Two, The Royal Council, I'm gonna be in trouble, Cole is commoner and I belong to a royalty and the royal court doesn't allow such relations.

It's all so messed up. What am I going to do? Moreover what about Brice? What's happening with him? Is he ok?

How will my family react to this? How will Nicholas react to this? How will Tristan react to this? How will my friends react to this?

God! I overthink so much. Not like I'm a princess that I have to marry someone of the royal status. But that makes it more important for me to marry someone from royal blood cause the princess won't be criticised, for me it will not be only a days thing or something it will be more like a life time of people giving me sneers, me getting laughed at.