CHAPTER 28

Cole and I went to the waiting cabin of the hotel.

"Listen Cole, I'm sorry. I can't do this. I'm not ready to marry you, or anyone for that matter. I'm just not in that place." I told him as politely as I could.

"So you'll be ready after a few years? I'll wait. I'll wait for as long as I have to Elyse."

"Cole....I don't know how to tell you this... but I can't see you like the way you want me to, I can't see you as anything more than a friend." I told him with a heavy heart. He smiled lightly and gave me a thumbs up.

"Okay, I understand. Can we at least stay friends? Please." He asked. I can't deny. No matter if I want space for me. If I want space from him, but I can't. I've already him more than enough.

"Sure." I smiled at him. He hugged me, I hugged him back reluctantly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to find Sophie and tell her about this. On my way to find Sophie I met Nicholas and as usual he started with his questionnaire.

"So what happened?" He asked me.

"I have to find my friend,, I'll talk to you later, bye." I said stretching the 'e'. I don't know why I thought I could leave without giving my highness an answer. He just crossed his arms in front of me and dared me to move past him, I took the dare.

"Hey you, come back here." He said as if I was a 5 year old kid, dude give the girl a break. I just came out of a situationship. I wouldn't call it a relationship. Though I do feel bad for what I did, I mean I was committed to one friend and had feelings for another, a bit bitchy don't you think? Or maybe it was just the circumstances.

Whatever might be the circumstances, I have to agree, I was at fault. But at the same time so was Cole and so was Tristan. Cole never took 'us' seriously while he wanted us to be serious. Tristan knew I was dating his friend, he initiated the kiss. He didn't do it alone, we both did, now tell me is my life any less than a soap opera? I kept walking, I had to find Sophie. I found a familiar looking girl kissing Marcus. The thing was she looked like Sophie. But it can't be right? She wouldn't do this to Chris. I walked closer, that's when stupid Nicholas had to call out my name.

"Elyse." He called so loudly that both Sophie and Marcus could see, they ran.

"Wait." I said and pointed at Sophie and Marcus.

"Is that Marcus and your friend?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Wasn't she dating your another friend?"

"Oh god, yes she was now shut up and let me follow them." I said getting annoyed.

"Okay but you and I, we need to talk." He warns.

"Ok, yeah whatever." I said went to chase them. There was a dozen of question going through my mind. Why would Sophie do this? Moreover why would Marcus even think of going after my friends?

All right, I'm being hypocritical here cause we all know I dated Cole and am practically in love with Tristan. On the way I bumped into Chris. Great timing! But this way I can make sure if he knows or not, let it be the latter, but from the look on his face, I'm assuming it's the former. He just shakes his head and walks past me. Sophie and Marcus can wait. I must attend to Chris first.

"Chris." I called out he didn't listen, he kept on walking away, away from the world. He was walking towards a window and we were on the 14th floor.

"Chris, are you fucking out of your mind?" I yelled. But he didn't listen to me. He climbed up the window, honestly I've never been so terrified in my entire life, how should I make him come down from there?