111

You might see this be a chapter for one of my other books so shhh

Amber

I pulled my coat across my chest, as we walked down the street. It was too cold to be out walking, but the Ubers were taxing since there was a Hawks game tonight. "Yeah, y'all definitely owe me." I blew out a breath of cold air, shivering. I didn't even want to go out, I wanted to stay in and study for some exams but nooooooo. Niggas always gotta go shake they ass somewhere!

"Please it is not that cold." Amiina, my best friend, bumped my shoulder playfully with her own, before wrapping her faux fur covered arms around me.

"It's not cold to you cause you're drunk!" I rolled my eyes laughing. Whenever we went out this girl always had to get a drink... or TEN.

"Don't hate me cause I don't wanna be sober on a Friday night! Little miss lame ass!" She stuck her tongue out at me like she was 5, almost touching my cheek with it. "Ew." I nudged her away from me.

"Oo y'all look." My other best friend, Tyler, pointed to an old looking corner store, with a neon light sign that illuminated the words, Spiritually Speaking Psychic Shop.

"We gotta go get a reading! I need to know if me and Lorenzo gonna get together." He smirked, twisting the chain around his neck with his index finger.

"You don't need a psychic to tell you that its not gonna happen love." Amiina cackled like a witch.

"Mmm I wish you had that same spiritual intuition when you put that crooket ass wig on." He tapped her forehead, before running towards the store with Mina hot on his trail.

"Ooop." I poked out my lips, "And that's tea!" He yelled, opening the door for us to walk into the shop, following in after us.

Instantly, our noses were blessed with a lovely smelling incense, something reminiscent of cinnamon, and our eyes scanned the well decorated shop. Hanging plants garnished the walls, as well as crystals displayed on shelfs and in cases. A table was placed in the middle of the shop and a crystal ball sat atop as its center piece. "This some scurry shit." Amiina whispered, looking around and hiding behind Tyler.

"Welcome." A black woman, walked from behind the service counter greeting us with a warm gapped tooth smile. She had long locs, nose and septum piercings, and long black stiletto nails that were accented by the rose gold jewelry that graced her hands.

"I am Madame Caliste, what can I do for ya?" She asked, with a mesmerizing creole accent, motioning towards the table for us to all take a seat around it.

"Can we get some readings, I need a little clarity in my life?" Tyler rubbed circles on his temples.

"Of course love." She smiled, shuffling the cards within the deck. She split them in three in front of us. "You." She pointed out to me.

"Me?" I questioned, sitting back in shock. "Yes, you. I feel a lot of energy from you. So you shall start first. Touch the deck that is speaking to you the most."

My eyes switched back and forth between the three decks, I couldn't figure out which one to choose. No one told me how stressful these readings are.

"Damn girl anytime now." Amiina whispered nudging my side. For some reason I felt the most drawn to the deck on the right. "Um, that one. I guess." I tapped it quickly.

We watched as she picked up the chosen deck and closed her eyes, "Spirit, use me as a guide to let the message be known." She shuffled the deck a few more times before placing the top five cards out on the table.

"Oh wow, Thank you spirit. Ms....?" "Amber." I nodded. "Miss Amber, spirit has given us Wheel of Fortune, Judgement reversed, Lovers, Empress, and The World." She spoke tapping each one as she read its name aloud.

"The Wheel of Fortune represents change, cycles, inevitable fate. Spirit is telling me that you will have some new beginnings that come very soon, and regardless of how you maneuver, what happens will happen because it is your fate. So do not waste your time trying to fight it.

Judgement Reverse is telling me you have some lack of self awareness, doubt, and self loathing going on. Or it will eventually occur. It could be because of the new change or something you have been internally dealing with for quite some time now.

Spirit says there will be new found love in your life, with the Lovers card. It is representative of partnerships, duality, union. Or in your generations terms. Sneaky Links." She smiled sticking her tongue out, making us laugh a bit.

"Whew, but be careful child." She breathed out holding the empress card up for us all to see. "Remember how I said sneaky link just then? Empress means motherhood, fertility, nature."

"Oh hell naw, that can't be right." Amiina laughed. I rolled my eyes kicking Mina underneath the table. "Ow." She was only saying that because I was a virgin.

"It doesn't necessarily mean you will bare children. Spirit isn't giving me much to work with with this card, it could just mean you're coming into your divine femininity." She shrugged moving on to the next. "Lastly, spirit is telling me with The World that there will be fulfillment, harmony, completion coming to you." She paused tapping on the table with her fingertips.

"Spirit is not done. I will pull one more card." She shuffled the deck again, placing the last card on the table.

"Tower means there will be some.... Mishaps or disasters that will occur. However, Spirit is telling me to let you know that there will be sunshine after the storm."