Just Call

Requested by @PoseyxSharman

::

Unconsciously, I let out a breath of air while I dribbled the basketball back and forth between my legs. Sighing heavily almost became second nature to me now, It was like I was trying to get the weight I felt off me but it wouldn't budge.

Placing my hands on the ball I aimed it at the post, shooting it, but of course it didn't go in. It hadn't been going in lately.

"Son, just go call her." I heard my fathers voice, while simultaneously feeling his hand on my shoulders. "What are you talking about?" I shrugged his hand off playing dumb as usual.

He sighed, knowing how stubborn I could be. "I know you miss Chance, hell everybody knows you do. Why are you acting like you don't?"

"Because she don't miss me." I brought my bottom lip into my mouth, chewing on it trying to stop the feeling of crying. "You don't know that."

"If she did, she wouldn't have left me when I asked her not to in the first place." The ball hit the rim, bouncing off to the side.

"Come on now Melo you're overreacting, she went away for her career. She's out here doing what she loves, like you will be in a couple a months. You think if you get drafted out of California she would've asked you to stay?"

"If she did I would've."

"No the hell you wouldn't. You just saying that right now because your upset and you're hurt."

The court fell silent aside from the sound of the basketball bouncing. "Has she called?"

"Yeah."

"Have you answered?"

"No."

"Son," I watched as he shook his head heading out the court. "she's a good one. Don't lose her because you're being selfish."

I brought my lips into my mouth, thinking bout what he said. "Aight, universe. Let's make a deal." I dribbled the ball a couple of times staring at the goal.

"If I make this, imma call her. If I don't, she getting blocked." My heart beat grew rapidly as I dribbled the ball again, getting into the form to shoot. Slightly bending my knees, and pushing the ball into the air, I watched as the ball glided across landing on the rim. The ball circled around the rim a couple of times before falling off, not inside the net.

I let out a frustrated yell and shook my head looking down at the ground.

"Mane if you don't call that bitch."

I jumped, looking around but seeing nobody.

"Who said that?"

"Me, nigga." I jumped again, who the fuck was playing wit me? Nobody was out here.

"Aye over here, bro by the fence." Looking over by the fence the only thing over there was the ball and Dip. I grabbed the ball holding it up and looking at it.

"Not the ball you dumbass nigga. Me!" I jumped again, looking down to see my Rott Dip. "Oh I'm tweaking." I shook my head, trying to come back to reality.

"Yeah you tweaking." My eyes widened as I watched my dogs mouth move while he spoke to me. "Melo, I love you. You know you my dawg. A ha ha get it? Anyway, you my dude but you be acting stupid as fuck sometimes bro."

"What you mean, Dip?"

"You know I hate saying this, but your dad is right. Chance is a once in a lifetime bitch, and you're finna lose her. Trust me I know how it feels to lose a good one."

"How you're a dog?"

"Remember that toy I had with the stripes?"

I nodded. "I used to love that thing, but I was so careless with it once I lost it I was devastated. Couldn't eat for hours." He shook his head. "But you get my point right?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Good so what I want you to do is when you wake up from this dream. Call chance. Trust me she's in as much pain as you are."

I nodded my head, "aye dip one question before I wake up?"

"Wassup?"

"Why you chew up my off whites."

"They was fake, I didn't wanna see you go out sad."

I woke up from my dream, grabbing my phone off the nightstand and FaceTiming chance. My heart pounded anxiously waiting for her to pick up.

"I was hoping you'd call." Her soft voice rang through the speaker.

*
Chile idk

*Chile idk