Just A Friend (3)

If I get a cute amount of comments and votes on Just Junie I'll update it tonight 👀

*

I rolled over expecting to feel his body next to mine, but all I felt was an empty space. My eyes fluttered open quickly looking around but there was no sign of him.

I sat up placing my hands to my face feeling defeated.

This wasn't at all how I imagined I would feel after connecting with someone that I loved and wanted so bad. But, that's the thing. I was in love with him, he wasn't in love with me. I was just sex, something to fill the void and I needed to understand that.

I walked into my bathroom, staring straight into the mirror looking at myself, wondering what was wrong with me. Analyzing every flaw about me, but I couldn't find any. Why her and not me? I was so tired of feeling like I wasn't good enough for him. When I knew I was.

"Bitch fuck that nigga, you're the fucking prize and if he doesn't see that, that's his loss." I affirmed to myself in the mirror, so I could hear it.

"Hey Alexa, play my Bad Bitch Vibes Playlist on Apple Music."

I smiled hopping in the shower, I wasn't bout to let this nigga get me down. I know who I am and I'm the baddest bitch to ever touch chino hills.

After my mini self care session my stomach got to growling. It was 10:00am and I was beyond hungry. I hummed My Way by Queen Key, as I made my way (ha ha) to the kitchen. My eyebrows furrowed as I got closer because the smell of pancakes and bacon filled the air. When the kitchen finally came in to view I could see Melo sitting on the barstool stuffing his face while watching some NBA highlights on the tv.

"I didn't know you were still here." I spoke walking around the counter so he could see me. He waited until he finished chewing and swallowing the food that was in his mouth before speaking.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He said in a duh tone.

Looking down at the white paint on my toes, I turned around looking at the array of food on the stove. "I just, I dunno I thought you were using me to get over her." Throwing some pancakes on my plate I decided to skip the bacon, and add some fruit instead.

"I'd never do that to you Arnell." His face scrunched almost as if he was offended. But, he's done it to many other girls time before, I've heard his stories. Why do you think they call him "Dip"?

"Mhmm." I hummed walking back to my original spot in front of him, setting my plate down and eating.

"Why you doing all of that?" He sounded upset.
I just shrugged my shoulders, not really knowing what to say.

"Nelly, look. I've always had a thing for you, but I just didn't wanna chance ruin our friendship, so I never made a move. But like once we kissed, it confirmed everything that I believed I felt about you. I didn't fuck you just to get over her, I made love to you.. because.. because I love you Arnell. For real."

Sticking my fork into my fruit I didn't speak. I was trying to process everything that was happening and everything that he was saying.

Here I was thinking the whole time the dude fucked and dip because he wasn't feeling me, when actually he made me breakfast, he's still here, and he confessed his love to me.

"Arnell." His fingers snapped in front of my face, taking me out of my thoughts. "Yes?"

His face looked worrisome. "You haven't said anything."

"To be honest with you, I don't know what to say."

He nodded his head biting onto his lips and looking down at his empty plate. "Do you love me?" He asked suddenly, taking me of guard.

"Wha- ? Of course I love you Melo."

"Nah, but do you love me more than a friend?" His voice sounded kind of nervous, and he stared me in my eyes.

This was the moment I've been dreaming about but I couldn't seem to find the words as easily as in my dreams. It could be the fact that I still had doubts in the back of my mind that this wasn't for him to simply get over her.

But I was willing to move past those doubts, for the sake of my own happiness.

"Yes, I love you more than a friend and I always have." I looked at his face watching for any changes. The corners of his mouth started to slowly creep up, forming a smile.

"Arnell will you be my girlfriend?"

*
Whew chile Arnell all over the place. You know her stupid ass said yes.

Check out my other books 🥺 Lamelo & Roddy Ricch! If you like this you'll love those.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW MEEEE
pleathe
xoxo Retro