26.00 : wednesdays

Wednesday used to be Yein's favorite days back in highschool. She'd only attend school until lunchtime and afterwards she'd attend dance lessons until four in the afternoon instead of going on until nine, like her usual schedule. Wednesdays also used to be her lucky days, where everything went perfectly as planned. She had mostly found coins laying around, aced all her tests and the streetlights never seemed to turn red when she wanted to walk over.

But this wednesday had just been going horrible for her. She had no idea what was going on, what had changed and why everything was against her this very day.

It's been two weeks since the first episode of running man and since her comeback period started. The choreography was almost perfected, the songs had been recorded, the concept photos had been shot, the goal weights had been achieved, way too fast and unhealthy, but achieved anyway. The only thing missing would be the music video they had yet to film and would start this saturday. They had originally planned to film it on friday but since Yein had separated schedules to film her last episode as a special guest on thursday and MC duties on friday, they had to postpone it to the weekend. Also they were in a rush. The company hadn't planned to give them a comeback for the next few months but due to them surprisingly getting too much positive feedback, they didn't want to miss the popularity wave. It was a smaller album compared to their debut one, considering it would have four songs less. Also they were HYBE's very first girl group, they blew off immediately, especially after their collab with Enhypen.

But even if it was a smaller album, pushing everything in three weeks was taking a toll on them. They were happy since they loved their job and had lots of passion for it, but ones body could only take so much.  The members were tired yet kept smiling. They were hungry, yet they kept ignoring it, they were aching all over, yet they chose to simply take pain killers.

Yein sighed before her hand reached out for her phone beside her bed, checking the time. It was currently one in the morning and they had just arrived back from their dance practice. Instructor Song hadn't been playing games when she said this choreography would be harder than the last one.

She was supposed to sleep immediately, knowing she'd film her last running man episode tomorrow, but no matter how many times she tossed around, she couldn't close her eyes. Even thought she was exhausted, she couldn't put her mind at ease.

She didn't know why.. or.. well, she did know why. She just wanted to deny it long enough for herself to eventually fall for her lie.

Comeback period was partially fault at it, yes. But the second reason she couldn't rest was because she had so much rage inside of her that was slowly but surely eating her from the inside. It felt like a tumor chewing on her, growing bigger by the second. Just that her tumor was called jealousy and it definitely involved the new make up assistant that had stuck to Niki the entire time. Not just on set, but also around the company.

It wasn't just her over analyzing things and being sensitive during the first episode. During the entire shoot of the second episode she had stuck to him like a leash. They had filmed in a water park and Niki's shirt had clearly started to glue against his skin which was a normal process if you'd go underwater with a long sleeve shirt, but Yein could tell that Areum was enjoying it too much. She was part of the stylist team, so of course in charge of drying Niki's hair, in charge of fixing his clothes.. but she was not in charge of staring Yein up and down the entire time, throwing her looks and faces, telling Yein to keep her distance as it would distract her from doing her work.

And what made Yein's blood boil even more was the fact that she'd spend time with Niki during lunch and then finally feeling at ease, Areum would go ahead and ruin it. The male was her safe haven. He gave her a calming and warm vibe that reminded her of home. She really needed him. She needed him to be there. Him just being there and cracking a joke or smiling to himself would already comfort the female enough to get her through the day but not even that was possible with Areum around.