28.00 : decision

Yein's panic attack was absolutely valid after what she had gone through. Right after the show she had gotten herself checked by a doctor and he had informed her and her manager that her reaction was normal considering what had happened the night before. It was a post traumatic reaction. Her mind hadn't been able to process the incident properly and due to that, her getting stuck deep inside that pool filled with plastic balls triggered the attack.

Due to the show being live, the entire incident was caught on national TV up. Cutting the cameras during such a situation would be against safety guidelines since people had the right to get informed of what happened after. The entire thing was streamed and not even two days later, it was all the internet could post and talk about. The show had received several complaints regarding the safety of the program. Headlines had twisted most of the truth and let out headlines from "Elysian's Yein in death situation" to "Running man, fatal accident! How safe is your favourite variety show?"

But it didn't stop there. Social medias were covered with videos and pictures of the incident and specifically of the two youngsters. Fans were obsessed with Niki's reaction to the female being stuck and they questioned their relationship as just friends.

"Fans are demanding an explanation, what do we do?" Enhypen's Manager asked, facing their CEO.

The said men just shook his head and lifted his glasses before looking at the two idols. "So? Is there something going on between the two of you?" He asked, waiting for an answer.

The two just sat there. Heads directed towards their CEO, their minds running lose yet no one knew what to say. Should they deny it? Or should they give in and confess? But confess what? Fact was that the two hadn't asked eachother out yet and were therefore still just close friends. Niki sighed deeply, lowering his head. He didn't know what to say, too scared to put more burden onto the female's shoulders. They should have talked about this meeting beforehand, but he thought that she needed rest. He didn't want to stress her out.

"We.." Yein started off. "We're just friends" she added.

Niki's head shot towards her, his eyes wide open. He wasn't sure but apparently she was. He furrowed his eyebrows trying to understand what was going on inside his chest. It hurt. But she was right. They were just friends because he hadn't asked her out yet. In the end, he shouldn't have hesitated.

"Are you sure that's all?" Bang Si-hyuk asked, raising a brow at the two youngers.

"Yes.." Niki agreed, his eyes now fixated on his lap, watching as he played around with the hem of his shirt.

"Alright, then we'll tell the press that it was a simple act of friendship" The older man stood up, pushing his chair back against the table before taking the files on it. "Tell them you two have a close connection and that's all there is to it" That was all he added before eventually bidding the two youngs lads and their managers goodbye, exiting the room.

"Alright" Akito sighed, lifting himself up his seat before dragging Niki's manager off towards the door. "Me and Sejin are going for a smoke, we'll be right back"

"I don't smoke" — "Yes you do" Akito interrupted Sejin before he dragged him out of the meeting room. He had understood the situation right away and wanted to give the two some space to talk it out. Since their meeting ended almost an hour too early, the two had plenty of time.

"Akito what do you think you're doing?" Sejin complained after being shoved inside the elevator by the younger.

"Are you blind?" Akito asked before running a hand through his hair. "Don't you read the room for once? The two hadn't even gotten to discuss the entire situation and you expect us to take their answer and go? They clearly have to talk before making any decisions as big as this one"