Twilight ~ Chapter 4

My black boots click on the ground as I casually stroll through town. It has been a week since I last spoke or screamed at my sister. A week since I ever showed myself to my dad or anybody. I stayed in the woods getting through with a calm therapy. Calmed down from the crying fest and now am expressionless. If I can't go to school might as well get a job and make a decent living for myself. Show others that I am more than I seem. Show I am more than a pyromaniac. Show I too can be a strong Swan like my father. Show and prove mainly to myself and my family that I can be normal.

A mechanic shop stops me in my tracks. In California, I actually met a sweet man who helped teach me things about being a mechanic. I hope the people here can give me a job. Walking inside I notice it is quite lonely except for three guys working underneath raised cars. 

"Hi, may I help you?" I turn to see an older buff man with no hair and a nice simple tattoo on his neck. He is wearing a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans.

"Hi, I was hoping you have space for another mechanic." I hope he does.

"Hm," his eyes rake over my figure. I am a fit 5,5 feet eighteen-year-old teenage girl with a white tee under a black leather jacket dad gave me the first time I met in forever it seems. I have black leather tight pants with black boots and white socks. "Follow me."

I follow him to a car that is rusted blue and its hood is up and seems to have more than one problem. I turn to see the man beside me nudge his head to the car. His arms crossed over his chest trying to look intimidating.

"Impress me and you will get a job." I smile and take my hands out of my jacket pockets to check the car out. I glance to see the tool kit on the floor to my right. Picking up a wrench I get to work. I also take off my jacket so for it to not get in the way. The scar is being shown off but it is the least of my worries. I need this job because it helps me be near the fire and it gives me something to do instead of being a huntress in the woods.

One hour and the car inside is done. I know the mechanics of raising the car on its platform and so I feel no hesitance whatsoever in pressing the right buttons and getting the entire car looking brand new. The blue paint job is the last thing I do before my soon-to-be boss walks over to inspect. The three guys as well are standing and watching their boss judge my work. Looking underneath, clean and all parts in the right place. Inside the hood, all the pipes and functions are fixed and cleaned. Paintjob with two coats and polished. The inside leather is cleaned, and any dirt or ashtray filth is gone. The steering wheel and feet mats look brand new.

"The last thing to test is if it can be driven or even revved up." Holding up the car keys, the man gets in the car and inserts the key. I bring both my lips inside my mouth with the hope that this car still works. The new roaring engine startles the three men and brings a new light to my eyes. It works! Hooray!

"You got the job." Handing me the keys I smile and thank the man. "Your welcome. Even I am impressed by how brand new you made it seem. I thought you would only work the inside but you went all out on this vehicle that was lying here for five years. No other mechanic had any hope this thing would work again but you did it." 

"I had a great teacher back in California," I comment giving a rare bright smile at my new boss.

"Call me Brandon. These three will be your crewmates. Johnson, Miguel, and Aramis. You are?" The boys all look at me causing a slight blush to come up on my cheeks.

"Morgana. But you can call me Gana." I tell them. They never gave me their last name so why should I?

"Welcome to the team. Do you drive by any chance?" Brandon asks.

"No, never learned how," I told them.

"Aramis can teach you some basics to just get the cars outside for show in the back. Then when you are done, you will be working on these old ones that nobody else can do." I nod and Brandon heads off to his office.