A Dark, Secret Room

There was a huge knock on the main door.

‘Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!’

Sir Shkodra, with his chest out, walked toward the door. With quick steps, he pulled the door open.

It was Jerry.

“Sir Shkodra.”

Crrrkkkk!’

A door creaked, making them look around, waiting for the creaking to stop.

“I’m completely sorry for your loss. I haven’t been able to get Magdalena out of my head. She was more than a friend.” Jerry said, with a heavy heart.

Sir Shkodra nodded in understanding.

Just then, Jessica walked downstairs. Jerry walked straight to her, pushing Sir Shkodra aside, and he frowned. Seriously, he was always playful with Magdalena too when she was alive, but this was unexpected. Sir Shkodra frowned at the both of them.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, beautiful lady. You must be Jessica.” he bowed and requested and handshake. She replied to him with a smile and they ended up staring into each other’s eyes.

“Yes. Are you Jerry?” Jessica asked.

“Of course. How do you know?”

“I saw your complementary card the other day. I’ve been trying to meet you.” She explained.

“This is gross, but you look younger than I imagined. And sorry for your loss. I mean, Collins and I were close through business, though.”

“It’s okay, I understand. “ Jessica smiled. “Um, come in.”

Sir Shkodra rolled his eyes and heaved out a frustrated breath. Jessica turned to him with a frown and he walked away, leaving the both of them.

“Oh, wow! This castle looks more beautiful than I last remembered.” He burst and Jessica couldn’t help but join him. He seemed so free and different. Unlike anyone, she has met in Wolfsberg so far.

Adrian rushed downstairs while Stormie walked behind him. “You must be the cute little Stormie and the adorable Adrian.” Jerry assumed.

“Do we know you?” Stormie asked, startled.

“C’mon, be nice.” Adrian tapped his sister on the arm. “Behave! “ He whispered.

“You might not know me, but I know you, Stormie. It’s not every day we get guests in Wolfsberg, but let me tell you, little lady. You’re already pretty famous around here.” He chuckled, and Jessica joined in with a smile. Stormie wore a frown wondering what was funny while Adrian admired the both of them.

Staring at him closely, Jessica noticed his beautiful Grey eyes and how tight his black suit hugged his masculine body.

“So, Jessica. I was wondering if we could both go for dinner tonight.” Jerry brought up.

“No!” Stormie hissed. Looking at both Jerry and her mum with angry eyes.

“Yes!” Adrian smiled and pressed. “Say yes, mum.”

“Yes,” Jessica replied, unable to object.

“Yes, it is?”

“Yes, I’m free.” She answered.

“Good, I know an exquisite restaurant that would be the perfect place for us to get to know each other,” Jerry said, staring into her eyes, and once in a very long time, Jessica felt she should try something new.

She wore a pink dress and a four heels mosquito shoes with her wavy hair styled to the side. It’s been ages since Jessie dressed like this, but as usual, she looked simple and elegant. After she was through with dressing up, Jessica followed Jerry with his black Honda Jeep.