Poisoned

2 Weeks Later,

February 16th, 2007.

It was a cold winter night.

The raspy weather blew terribly, roaring at the three racing through the woody path that leads to an unknown destination. The chilly air sang as the beasts of the night continued racing along. Pushing their paws to go a tad bit faster.

Stormie’s dark brown furs glazed with snow dust as she ran over the few cracked trees in her path before getting to the edge of a high mountain. She focused her deep crimson-red eyes on the sight. There, she caught a clear view of the dark woods and glimmering city. The alpine view was an ankle-deep of pristine snow.

Maria stood close to Adrian. Her wolf is snow white with cold steel-blue eyes while Adrian is dark brown and black with golden yellow eyes. Charming in his lustrous, thick fur. They stood close to a flowing stream, howling louder in the night's silence. Their strong paws trod as they explored their little Dreamland.

As Stormie looked around, she noticed a white blanket of snow covering the trees, ground, and houses. It surprised her by how quiet everything seemed. The only sound she could hear was her paws crunching in the snow. The smell of damp pine trees made the air feel fresh. It felt so peaceful to be walking in such a magical place.

Just then, Stormie saw someone in a red velvet hood. It was a red riding hood. She was looking directly at her from the woods and thought it was getting brighter. The flower moon has almost faded within the sky and Stormie wondered what brought her back this time.

'Everything was over, right? Wolfsberg manor is saved now.'  Stormie allows the thought to lace her mind.

Adrian and Marian chased each other home while Stormie stayed behind.

Looking at Madam Valerie, she noticed the basket of apples on her right arm. Unable to see her properly, Madam Valerie walked away in the clouds of snow.

Though its flakes were slightly rough and icy cold on Stormie’s skin, she proceeded. Just then, she realized that she had transformed back into her human form. She ran after her instead of giving up.

Madam Valerie stopped at a point and Stormie released her held breaths.

“You’re back again. Why don’t you pay my family and me a visit if you truly want to see your Alpha?” She tried contending the volume of excitement in her racing chest.

It took a while before Madam Valerie turned back. “I’m sorry.” The words dropped from her lips with regret. Then she walked closer, dropping to her knees.

“Get up, ma’am. Don’t kneel before me ever again. You’re an elder in our territory, as well. You deserve more respect.”

“I came to check on you. Wolf to wolf... To give you this and to tell you to thank you for honoring my last offer.” She handed Stormie an apple from her basket.

“So you came from wherever you live... Probably Austria to give me an apple?” Stormie blushed. Imagining how loyal she was. “What’s it about these apples, though?”

She asked, looking at it with curiosity.

“Every apple in my basket of goodies holds a special blessing. Apples are the shape of our hearts. Likewise, it fulfills our heart's desires.”

“Okay then. Thanks so much for sharing your basket of goodies with me.” Stormie smiled while Madam Valeria walked to a black horse. Mounting on it before riding off.

“A horse?” Stormie raised an eyebrow. “How elegant?”

A firm smirk spread on her lips as she walked home. It gave a special feeling, knowing Red Riding Hood came this far to give her this. The apple looked big, fresh, and yummy.