Sir Shkodra Pays A Visit

A yellow taxi stopped across the road,
and a man in a long, black coat stepped out. He had a tall hat on with a black suitcase in hand. Ashley peeped through her window, unsure who it was, but a malicious smirk graced her lips.

“It seems our little Alpha is a step out of this world already. Lucky you, Jerry. I can’t wait to execute my plan as well.” She rolled her honey brown eyes at him and her tiny fingers slammed the glass window close.

The thick black curtains covered the rays of sunlight as she walked up to a pot of boiling olive oil. She stretched her hand to the upper shelf and there were tons of bottles in it. She took out one labeled mummy’s dust and sprinkled a pinch to it. With a handful of orange dry leaves, she then took out a sharp butchering knife from the side of her long dress. Looking at her reflection on its blade, Ashley placed it in the middle of her palm, holding it tight. Then she pulled out the knife with her left hand. The burst of blood flushed out of her hand.

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!’

Ashley gave a lip smacking sound, gently nibbling on her red lower lip. Opening another drawer, she brought out a wooden wand to stir the content which changes from olive green to red and then purple.

“Now I have to drink all of this to renew my strengths and weaken his.”

A grin of satisfaction brightened Ashley’s face as she gazed to her reflection in the mirror. Instead of seeing her honey blonde hair with brown highlights, it was a different version of her over the mirror with white-Grey hair. Her veins like thunder lines stroke of her pale skin and in reality, she looked fairer.

“He won’t be able to resist me now, would he?”

***

The gentle taping on the door made Maria rushed to open the door.

“Sir Shkodra!” She gave him a warm hug, but he stood still. With a firm smile on his face.

“Help me with this.” He told Maria, handling her the black suitcase.

She welcomed him inside and offered him a chilled bottle of juice to drink and rest. Maria quickly called Jessica and Adrian, and they took him to Stormie’s room.

He walked to her, feeling the coldness of her stiff body and cold hands.

“Oh, main Gott...es gibt kein Leben in ihr!”

“What’s it?” Adrian asked, rushing to him with curious eyes.

“There is no life in her... I think I have to test her blood. Maybe I can trace something. I feel a part of her is still alive. Stormie can’t just die like this, not an Alpha.” Sir Shkodra twitched his fingers while Maria brought his black suitcase to him.

He opened it right away and brought out a new set of syringe and needle. Sir Shkodra took an amount of her blood.

Jessica used her home use test kit for the at-home medical blood test. It took a while, Adrian and Maria waited patiently for the end results. Especially Jessica. After 30 minutes, she saw drops of green tetrodotoxin forming and settling under the blood solution. Worry spread all over her face as she handed it over to Sir Shkodra.

He read through it with narrowed eyes. “So Stormie is poisoned. There’s tetrodotoxin in her blood cells.”

“What’s tetrodotoxin?” Adrian asked.

“Tetrodotoxin, also known as TTX, is 1000 times more toxic than sodium cyanide. It is a well-known marine toxin which is Fugu poisoning and is associated with the puffer fish since these tetrodotoxin harbor the poison in their liver, ovaries, intestines, and skin. Licensed chefs know how to prepare this delicacy such that the diner experiences a tingling oral sensation and euphoria with minute amounts of TTX found in the flesh.” he lamented.