Facing The Vampires

Jerry splashed another bucket of water on Jessica, making her makeup wash away.

She closed her eyes, disappointed.

"Wake up, darling." Jerry gave a tumble of protest in his throat. "You need to watch this."

Adrian growled at him, angered by the way he treats his mother. Too bad. They chained him up.

Jerry moved closer and warned. "Shut the heck up, else?"

"Whack!" He gave him a scratch with his paws.

"Ugh!" Jerry reacted to it and turned back to him with an exasperated sigh.

The scratch healed in an instant.

"Nice try, Adrian. But now I see that you'll never learn." Jerry walked to where he kept the gun and loaded some silver bullets from the drum of liquid wolfsbane.

Watching this, Stormie was petrified.

"Sorry about your boyfriend, mum."

"No, I should be the one apologizing to both of you. You deserve better... I'm sorry Stormie, I didn't believe you. Love and affection blinded me. Adrian, I would make you transform back, even if it's the last thing I do. I know I'm not that perfect mum, only if your dad was alive, none of this would have happened."

Stormie turned to Jessica, rolling her eyes. She hated the fact that she easily gave up a fight because she was a woman.

"No one is, but you are our mum. You are our dad, you're the only one for us, mum." Stormie encouraged. "Just take responsibility!"

"Grrr...." Adrian whimpered as if agreeing.

"Stop the boring family meeting, would you?" Jerry hissed at the three of them.

"Jerry, why are you doing this? I thought you loved me!" Jessica's eyes filled with tears and her heart shattered, knowing they'd come to this. It was unimaginable that the man who treated her like a queen a minute ago could treat her this badly. He even bought the ball gown and shoes for her as a surprise package.

Jerry couldn't hold back his simper. "Love... How delusional humans are. I have zero feelings for you, Jess. You just wanted a fine man, and I played my part well."

When he moved closer, she looked at his eyes and teeth. Terrified.

"Are... Are you a vampire?"

"Whahaha! Isn't it obvious?" He crackled at her ignorance.

Jessica felt a pit forming in her stomach as goosebumps crawled on her skin. She couldn't believe she liked someone this heartless.

"Fine... You win! Let my kids go. You can do what you want to me." She begged.

Jerry gave a serious laugh at her. "Aww, Jess. Do you know what your problem is? You think too highly of yourself." He walked closer to her, looking at her disgustingly with his glowing eyes and sharp fangs.

'Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk', his lips smacked.

"I've been waiting almost 300 years for that castle. And I will not let some poor, infested humans like yourself and your stupid werewolf son get in my way!"

"But you have the castle now." Jessica's voice trembled as she begged. "Just take it and let them go. If you need blood to feed on, you can have me. Please, don't hurt my kids. They're all I have left!"

Stormie looked up and there was an open space from where she was chained to. The moonbeam kissed her skin and her vision blurred.

"Ugh, my head," Stormie murmured in pain. While Jessica kept on pleading. Her muscles started clenching. Stormie gave a choking noise, like someone drowning in fluid. The air from her nostrils to her lungs hooked up her breaths.