The Alpha King's Mate

Stormie woke up to the most unbearable pain. Her head was a feather in the ocean of agony, and she was drowning in it. Dark doodling clouded her vision as Stormie opened her eyes. It took a while before it got blurry and clear. A strong smell of disinfectant hovered through her nose. Stormie looked around at the flowing blue hospital curtains.

‘I must be in a hospital. It would explain this horrible smell and why I’m dressed in a hospital gown. It felt like yesterday... How long did I sleep in that dark room?’ Stormie asked herself, pondering on the thought.

Laying her puzzled head in between the soft pillow, she heard voices from outside the door. The footsteps were getting closer and Stormie wondered. “Where the heck am I?”

The pondering stopped when two people walked in. One was the doctor, and the other was her mate. Stormie pretended to be asleep, but now that she perceived his scent, she wanted to see him again. She wasn’t able to get a good look at Ivar because she passed out waking to meet him in that secret, dark room. Now she can. She couldn’t help but to get lost in his eyes. His eyes are obsidian and his nose is straight. His jet-black hair is alluring. Stormie just wanted to stroke her fingers through it already. Ivar’s full lips looked soft and kissable. She wondered what they tasted like.

Ivar’s eyes concentrated on Stormie and he strode towards her. The strong edge of his stubbled jaw tensed while she noticed the sheen of sweat gracing his Ivory skin. Stormie cleared her throat due to the lack of oxygen in her lungs while Ivar took a seat in front of her. Then, Stormie realized she had been staring and his presence forced her to look away.

“Hello dear, how are you?” The doctor started.

His light-grey hair and dark grey eyes made him look younger than his age. But one would know that he was an elderly man with the wrinkles on his pale skin.

“I am...” Stormie coughed out, unable to articulate.

“Have some water. You have slept for 15 years, so your throat must be a little sore.” The doctor interrupted. Handling her a glass of water.

“Thank you.” She muttered once, swallowing the last gulp.

“Do you know where you are?” The doctor asked, collecting the cup from her and placing it on the standing next to her bed.

“In the hospital.” Stormie looked around for a while. Confused.

“Good.” He took a file and scribbled down something into it. “Can you tell me your name?”

“Stormie Knight,” she muttered in a lower voice this time. But her head still felt heavy looking at the both of them.

“Alright. Which pack are you from?”

“Blue moon pack. Why are you interrogating me? Shouldn’t I be somewhere close to home? Shouldn’t Sir Shkodra be here already? Where is my family?” Stormie pulled up, sitting upright on the bed.

“Miss, you are in the Alpha King’s territory at the Moonclaw Pack. We need to inform your family about your whereabouts.”

Stormie turned to them blankly. “Where in God’s name am I?”

“Romania.”

Once he said out the word, Stormie realized the wetness of her opened mouth. It shocked her to the bones. 'When did they even transport me to Romania?'

“W... What did you say? Who brought me here?”

“I brought you here.” Ivar finally replied as she turned to him with puzzled eyes. He didn’t even look at her. He had been staring straight ahead since they got in.