Getting Over It!

A Week Later,

Stepping out of the class, Maria arranged her locker and plugged her earbuds into her ears. Listening to her new favorite song, 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce, before locking it.

It focused Maria on the music when someone suddenly pulled her from behind, covering her nostrils with a handkerchief filled with glue. She tried struggling, but suddenly went weak. Her phone smashed against the ground as they dragged her in. Dropping her down like a sack of waste, down to the tiled ground. The two strange guys locked the door, while other students walked past the room in a straight line. Unaware of what had just happened.

After school hours, Adrian felt worried. He could feel Maria’s presence around, but where was she? He met some of her classmates but they said they hadn’t seen her since the last class.

“Maria is missing. I do not know where she is right now!” Adrian brought up. Looking around with curious eyes.

“How? People don’t just get missing like that.” John replied. “Have you dialed her contact? What if she’s gone home?”

“She’s not home yet, Johnny. I can feel her around. I can sense her in danger.” Adrian retorted, placing a hand on his hair in confusion.

“Oh... I see. What about her class?” John raised. “Have you searched her class?”

“She’s not there but-” Adrian placed a comforting hand on John’s shoulder. “You can go without me. I’ll definitely find her.

“Okay, then.” John gave a small smile. “Chat me up whenever you find her. See you tomorrow. Bye buddy!”

“Bye.” Adrian said and watched him leave among the crowd of students. An exasperated sigh escaped his lips as he went back into her class to check. She wasn’t there.

“Hello, Kylie.” Adrian stopped a short girl with plaited hair."Have you seen Maria?"

“Not since Mr Maxwell left the class. She must have gone home.” Kylie suggested, rolling her eyes as she walked away, disgusted.

Most girls didn’t like Maria because she was always around Adrian. He glowered at the thought. Maria never left home without him. She was around. He could feel her whistling breath.

Adrian checked all the classes and then went to the restroom. Looking at the wide mirror on the wall, Adrian closed his eyes.

He opened it, staring at his vision over the mirror next to him. His black, delicate pupils stared still. Connecting to the silence of the building. The flowery scent of her wolf lingered in his nostrils.

“Mate...” Maria’s thick breath heaved into reality and he heard it. “Help me.”

Looking back, Adrian’s gaze met Jason standing at akimbo, by the door. He frowned, wondering why how long he was been watching. A malicious smirk spread across Jason’s angular jaws as he gave a fulfilling smile.

“You again?” Adrian started.

“I told you I would get back on you? I got everything ready this time.” Jason brought out an injection from his pocket, touching the top of the needle.

“What do you want, Jay-Jay? I thought we were over with this!”

“I know what you did you Ashley! I know you have super powers and I’m going to make you pay!” Jason assured.

Adrian shook his head in disbelief. “Where is Maria? Tell me where she is right now, else?!”

Jason gave no reply. Instead, a disdainful smirk graced his lips.