A Date With His Dinner

Stormie sat by the window, watching the pumpkin-like glowing moon. It was cold and dark. Like a cat, she observed the wind slipping through the leaves outside. There were no echoes, no sounds aside from the creek that the phantoms of her fears made. Her sleepless eyes stared into the darkness like an owl. And her ears listened to the echoing howl, communicating from the distance.

Stormie's heart gave a tight grip and slumped like a ship into her ribcage. She took her next breath before realizing the tightness in her chest and her hands shivered to a sudden chill that overtook her. Her vision was gone, and her ears were deaf. Glancing at the midnight moon, she realizes that her hands have gone numb. Glancing at the world around her made her sweat. As if they knew warmth was what she needed, it taunted her. The tears in her mind froze before it could take form. Stuck in place, it iced in silence, like how she was in this doomed place.

'What was that he ate? What if Adrian kills someone?' Stormie pondered, feeling weird.

She snuck into Adrian's room and checked his waste bin for the broken piece of the bottle that pierced his skin a day before. The blood was still transparent on it. Stormie had to sneak her way into the secret laboratory to find a solution. Clicking on the remote, she rushed in, hoping no one would find out. Or at least, follow her. Especially Sir Shkodra. He could be a hunting ghost at night.

Going back to the spot, Stormie found the broken tube was still there. She took a piece, looking at it closely with a flashlight at hand. L. B 217.

"What could this mean?" She stepped out of the room before something unexpected happened. Going back to her room, she turned on the laptop, making a video chat with Stella and Helen.

"Calm down, witch!" Helen, a girl with black lipstick and hand chains on her wrist, snapped. Giving Stormie a bitchy face. She was a blonde but had dyed her hair black when she was only 10. "What do you mean Adrian is acting weird?"

Helen and Stella, Stormie's friends, usually dress up in Gothic outfits outside school. They refer to themselves as riot girls because of their attitude.

"I told you everything just now. He can see from a distance and now, he eats not just fish but meat. Adrian used to be a vegetarian, but now he's not! Doesn't that worry you?"

"Fuck! Your brother is a werewolf!" Helen concluded.

"Adrian can't be a werewolf! My mum would freak out if she found out." Stormie argued. "No one would believe me!"

"It might be strange, but let's face the fact. There are three ways to become a werewolf." Stella cut into the conversation. "First, living in the bloodline of a werewolf family. But there is no transformation until the full moon, which is tomorrow night. So that may not be his case." She took black nail polish and painted her fingernails. "The second is a werewolf's bite or being scratched by a transformed, or transforming werewolf, but he didn't get bitten, right? Or was Adrian scratched?"

"No... I don't think so." Stormie assumed.

"Good." Helen crushed the bubble gum in her mouth. "This brings us to the third case. Infection by the blood. That is what, you witnessed, Storm." Did he step on that test tube?

"How do you know it was werewolf blood?"

"L.B 217?" Stormie reflected, seeing reasons.

"Ugh!" Stella sighed, exasperated. "Lycanthrope blood."

"Yeah, Lycanthrope. From the ancient Greek to the wolf-man transformation. That effect starts immediately after exposure. That is what we are facing. That blood is no ordinary, okay?" Stella went on. "It's Lycanthrope blood."