Saving Adrian

He struggled, with a confused face. “Pumpkin, is everything alright?”

“Stormie, what do you mean by that? Try to be nice.” Jessica warned.

“Where did you take Adrian?!” She fired at Jerry, scratching his nape confusedly.

“Gosh, I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He faked an innocent face. “This is ridiculous.”

“Yes, he’s been here with me all night. Stormie, what’s wrong?”

“Try to control your breath girl.” He touched her cheek and she slapped his hand off.

“Don’t touch me, you want me to talk?!”

“Stop it, Stormie. It’s no longer funny.” Jessica warned.

“You know what else isn’t funny! Jerry is a vampire!” Stormie pointed.

“Ahh...” Everyone dining stopped and turned to her. Jerry batted his eyes as if being embarrassed. They stared at him with curious eyes but later laughed hard. Stormie and Jessica looked around, puzzled.

“I’m telling you mum. He is not who you think he is. He isn’t human. Yeah... Garlic! I need garlic! Who has Garlic!” Stormie turned back and realized the waiter was on of the vampires she saw earlier.

“I’m sorry, we do not have garlic here.” The server spelled it out to her. His green eyes gave a devil’s stare and his thick black eyebrows almost pulled out of his Alabaster toned face.

“Why wouldn’t you have a garlic? Isn’t this a restaurant?” She snapped, looking around at the others. “Oh, I don’t know! Maybe because this is a vampire restaurant!”

“Alright, let’s go.” Jessica grabbed Stormie's hand. “You’ve said enough now, lets go home.”

“No mum...”

“I’m so sorry about this, she usually have vivid imagination about weird things.” Jessica apologized on her behalf.

“No, I’m not imagining things.” Stormie gasped in defense. “He killed Aunt Magdalena! He’s going to send out the signal.”

“I said that’s enough!” Jessica cut in, facing Jerry with a small smile. “I’m... I’m really sorry she’s like this, Jerry.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry. It’s okay.” His plastic grin ended up in a wrathful grimace.

“Oh, my head!” Stormie held her head painfully.

“Little bug, are you okay?” Jerry hesitated to Stormie.

Worried.

Jessica cupped her face into her palms and noticed how much Stormie’s body was burning up.

“Oh no, you’re having fever. I should take you home.” She told her and turned towards Jerry.

“Stormie gets like this sometimes. I’m so sorry for ruining tonight. I’d have to leave now.”

“Yeah, I have to leave as well.” Jerry walked to the table and grabbed his jacket. “That reminds me, I have a lot of work to do in the office.”

Watching him place some cash from his wallet on their table, Jessica pressed her lips together. She’d wanted them to spend the night but Stormie spoiled the plan.

“You know me. I work all night.” He walked up to Jessica and planted a soft hiss on her forehead. “I would see you later, Jess! Good night.” A Botox smirk formed on Jerry’s lips before he left.

“Come on, you’ve ruined everything. Let’s go!” Jessica grabbed Stormie by the arm and she pulled back. Trying to explain everything to her mum but Jessica won’t listen.