I'm Never Going To Make You Luna

After showing Stormie around, Tal stepped out. Since then, she’d been waiting for someone to show up, if not anyone, at least her mate. The mansion had similar architectural designs to the previous one. Thinking about her life, Stormie never knew she was a werewolf. She went to human school like other humans and never had known her dad so much so; she did not know what family her mate came from. Or what his duty as an alpha king was. All she wanted right now was to go back to her family and live her life the way she last remembered.

The sun, like an abstract painter, generously dimmer paints on the face of the darkening sky. Stormie stretched her slim body onto a black leather couch. It felt comforting, like a splash of water, and her buttoned eyes stared at the tiled ceiling. Just then, the door crackled and Stormie pulled up at once. The familiar sandalwood scent cut her off the bore thoughts. Rushing to see who it was, a smile lightened her face. It was who she expected.

“Welcome back.”

“What are you doing awake?”

“Waiting for you,” Stormie replied, and her smile dropped. “I’ve been alone all day.”

“Yes, you need rest. Why would you wait for me? Do you have anything important to tell me?”

“No, there’s nothing I want to tell you. I just think it’s a good thing to wait for my mate before going to bed.”

“Your mate?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, you are my mate, aren’t you?”

“Of course,” His long legs stroke forward and he sat next to where she sat. “Of course, I am your mate, but that doesn’t mean that I see you as my mate.”

“W... What does that mean?”

“You seem delusional, but I understand it’s because you are in a new environment. Let me explain to you how things work here, little one. Just because I am your mate means nothing. I don’t believe in mates. I never have, never would.” His fingers unbuttoned his dark-grey suit that perfectly hugged his muscles. Stormie caught his glittering onyx eyes, glitter darker with spite as he pointed out.

“Are you rejecting me?” Stormie stuttered, feeling her eyes stinging with tears.

“No, I’m not, but you’d wish I rejected you.” A dark grin rippled on his lips as he gave a half smile.

“Is anything funny? I want to go home. I see no reason you still have me here!”

“Have you seen yourself in the mirror?”

Just then, it occurred to Stormie that as she hadn’t seen herself for a while. No… it’s been a very long time. Her tiny finger sprayed over her face and neckline.

“Is something on my face?”

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but you are still a 15-year-old-kid. You are not fit to be... Mate.” He gave her an irritated look and Stormie’s mind suddenly went blank.

“Excuse me.” He hissed before walking out.

A solemn tear rolled out of Stormie’s left eye. She wanted to stop him from leaving. To call him back, but the words didn’t come. The door banged, and the sound echoed into the gigantic building before she realized that he had left. A hand wiped out the tears, and another drop followed. She was stunned by the thought. Stormie couldn’t help but wonder, how come she never knew?

The sun in the west was a drop of burning gold that slid near and nearer the sill of the world. Getting up at the crack of dawn, Stormie's eyes raised and the events of the night before flooded in. She was just getting better. Her head ached with pain, with eyes clouded.