o. chapter two

>CHAPTER TWO: THE MOON LOOKS BEAUTIFUL TONIGHT<

Byzantine taps her foot impatiently, for a human Loid was quite numb to feelings

Byzantine taps her foot impatiently, for a human Loid was quite numb to feelings. She places her hands on her hips while giving the man a deathly glare. "So you're telling me that you left a kid on her own?" she questioned while a frown found itself creeping into her face. Normally she wouldn't fight Loid when it came to missions, but the child got kidnapped. 

He sighs while staring back at her face, he was already used to her outbursts even when they were still at school. He adjusts his glasses while taking a sip of orange juice, she takes the glass from his hands and sets it down on the counter. "It doesn't matter because I got her back" he replied with a laid back stare. 

Damn this man. Her frown deepens and her eyes darken. "What if you didn't get her back?" she snapped while trying to lower her voice. Right now Anya was watching her favorite show, something about Spies. Byzantine didn't want the child to hear her 'parents' argue. "Well I got her back, plus it'll never happen again" he promised while they turned to look at Anya. 

Both of them clearly had no experience on being parents. They were too young and too chained to think about the matter. "Still that was an irresponsible thing to do" she reprimanded while he sighs. Their first fight, and she was already beating him. "I told you, it won't happen again" he repeated in the same monotonous tone while she rolled her eyes walking to the sofa with a huff. 

I'm only worried about Anya, Loid doesn't seem like he cares at all. She crosses her arms while giving another glare to the blonde man. I guess they were right when they said that blondes were quite dumb. She turns to look at Anya who was staring at her with wide eyes. 

"Oh, we weren't fighting" she comforts while combing the younger child's hair. Before Byzantine arrived at the orphanage, she had the worst parents ever. They'd always scream at each other, and forget to feed young Byzantine. Which is why she'd never want that to happen to Anya. Even if it was for a short time. 

"I brought you nuts, they're in the counter" she points while Anya smiles. "Anya is happy" she muttered while walking towards the kitchen. It seems like the child has a weird fixation on nuts. Nuts aren't good for the teeth, she should stop that. Byzantine places the pillow on the couch while watching Anya's figure disappear through the hallways. 

If they both wanted to make it appear like they were a family, they really needed to do a better job. Loid almost lost Anya today, Byzantine doesn't know anything about taking care of children and Anya well she's happy to have a family. Again, getting a child was just the first step. They still needed to teach her about school, and how to answer interviews. 

---

"Children and parents are screened during the interview process" Loid explains while placing on his glasses and staring at the two girls. "Good family and level of education are also tested. Understood now unto the first question" he started while Anya couldn't help but feel quite nervous. Good, now he's making Anya nervous. 

"Please tell me your name and address?" he asked while both of them stared at Anya. This was one of the most basic questions that teachers ask kinder-gardeners, but the way in which they answer could determine their fate. "Anya Forger....A-address?" the child stuttered while Byzantine mentally facepalmed. Calming herself down, she places another smile on her face. 

When it comes to children, I need a lot of patience. 

"For this home" Byzantine helps while the child frowned. Did we tell her our address? 

"Anya's home!" the child exclaimed with happiness while Loid stares blankly. "That wasn't my question" he repeated while Anya frowned. "Anyways, Anya what do you do on your days off?" Loid asked another question while staring at his check-board. "My father orders me to stay at home, so I watch Spy Wars all day!" she answered with a smile while Byzantine chuckled. 

"That gives off a bad impression of me. How about you mom? Please tell us the reason you are dying to join Eden's Academy?" he asked while turning to face the other woman. She smiles while leaning down on the sofa. Now's the time to get on his nerves. 

Loid was a control freak. He wanted everything to be perfect, he would spend hours trying to make sure that a plan didn't have any faults. He'd have a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C all the way to Plan Z. Once in a while, you get sick of it and you want to throw him off guard. 

"Dying, like cardiopulmonary arrest or protein poisoning?" she joked while he mentally groaned. He knew that she was just doing this to mess with him. He bit his lip, trying not to lose his rage. She smirked while crossing her legs. "Or was I wrong?" she asked with a mock frown and he blinked twice. "Yes, you were wrong" he replied bitterly while her smile deepened. 

"You know what, let's have a day out" he muttered while ruffling his hair slightly. It was too early for a mock interview anyways, they still had to prepare Anya for the entrance exam. Then teach her a lesson about excellence, and all those other things. This is too much hard work for me, I'm used to just using my fist. 

---

Walking inside the opera house, there was an air of radiance in the room. The entire audience was filled with scholars, upperclass-men and music enthusiast. This was the perfect time to mingle with people who could be Anya's peers. 

I've been to an Opera House before, but that was different because I had to kill someone. 

She smiles at their little family while sitting down in one of the leather seats. Eden's Academy was all about elegance and prestige, so if people saw them inside of an Opera House they would think that they belonged in the same echelon. But damn, it was boring. 

The man singing in-front of them had an amazing voice, but no one could understand him. Byzantine felt bad for feeling bored because Opera singing was an art, and no one's art deserves being disgraced. Art and Killing are the same birds with different feathers, that's why she's doing her best not to fall asleep. 

 Then it was finally over. "Let's go" Loid muttered while dragging the both of them to the exit. He probably enjoyed the entire opera, he's weird. 

---

Thank you so much to Kbarr200 and sara2gm for voting. I hope that you enjoyed my book.