o. chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: LOVE TAKES DIFFERENT FORMS. 

"For a very long time" he answered truthfully while her mouth turned into a thin line

"For a very long time" he answered truthfully while her mouth turned into a thin line. She wanted to scream at him, make a scene and pretend his confession never happened but deep inside she knew that she felt the same way. She crosses her arms and takes a deep breath. "And you didn't think to tell me?" she interrogated while he scoffed. 

"I was young and I thought that ignoring you would make those feelings go away." he clarifies while she rolls her eyes at him. She's loved him ever since she met him. She spent half of her time wondering how half of her soul was and if she'd ever meet him again, but it was just a mission and she wanted to believe that he was just looking into his character too hard. 

She sighs while looking down. He is stupid--and annoying, I can't believe that he'd put me on the spot. He looks at her eyes, searching for colors that reciprocated his. "I want to go home" she states while standing up and walking towards the restaurant's coat rack. His eyes turned into a haze of red before he too stood up, "What!?" he exclaimed while leaving money on their table with the cheque. 

"I think I ate too much" she reasoned while walking out of the establishment. Most of the time, she felt like Loid was playing with her feelings. Like he was a game-master and he was trying to unlock her puzzle. 

She didn't want to believe that he loved her for a long time--because that would mean that they could've been together a long time ago. She didn't want to admit that she liked her back because that would mean that she was a bad spy. And god knows how hard being a female is in the spy industry. 

He trails behind her, keeping his distance. Perhaps he was too blunt with his feelings and she was sparing him from a devastating rejection. 

---

His eyes open in a distant haze, the light blinds him momentarily as he sits down and groans. I can't believe that happened last night. Scratching his head, he stands up and folds his blanket. Byzantine hasn't spoken to him--which was something scary for the man. 

He walks towards the kitchen with his coffee mug at his hands. He watches as Byzantine combs Anya's hair silently, almost wanting to ignore his existence. "Good morning" he greets while staring at Anya who was still sleepy from the night before. 

"Good Morning Dad" Anya mutters faintly while he chuckles. "Good Morning, By" Loid repeats while looking at the woman. "Hi" she grumbles while braiding the young one's hair. 

Anya suddenly finds the energy to stand straight, her eyes widening at the realization. "Are you two fighting?" she questions while Byzantine frowns. "Of course not" She comforts while Loid tenses. He wasn't stupid but there was clearly a wall between the both of them. He could only hope that the woman warms up to him once more. 

"Then why is dad sweeping the kitchen?" Anya asks pointing towards Loid's sudden ability to clean the house. Even though that was always By's job. "It's my house too Anya, and you're going to be late to school" Loid scolds while walking to the living room and pushing the both of them to the front door. 

As he slams the door beside him, he leaves out a breath of relief. Any second longer, I would've exploded--why is Anya so good at reading minds? Must be something she picked up while in the orphanage. Or maybe I've gotten rusty ever since this mission started. 

----

Byzantine enters the apartment once more, the silence engulfing her like a crystal bulb. "So, I guess we could finally talk about last night." he states while lowering the magazine to stare at the woman. She acted a bit vague, he wasn't sure if she hated his guts. 

"I guess so" she answered while removing her boots and sitting next to him. "So, what about it?" she questions while he places the magazine down, holds her hand and lets out a breath. "If you're mad at me-" 

"Mad at you?" she interrupted him with a chuckle while he frowns, "I'm not mad at you. It's just that I don't think this is the time for that. Maybe after the mission--if you still feel the same way maybe I'll have the answer by then" she explains while he bites his lips. He was glad that she didn't hate him. "You're right--it's probably the mission nerves doing this" he replies with a smile while standing up.

"Well I have to prepare for work now--please hold the fort down" he jokes while walking off to his room. 

---

I'll make another chapter tomorrow or by wednesday

I'll make another chapter tomorrow or by wednesday. I love y'all and I hope you loved this book.