o. chapter four

>CHAPTER FOUR: READY FOR IT PART TWO<

The meeting room was tense, Byzantine has never felt this feeling before in her entire life

The meeting room was tense, Byzantine has never felt this feeling before in her entire life. Doing her best to stay calm, she puts on another fake smile. To be honest, she wanted to vomit, cry and bury herself somewhere the sun didn't shine. The thought of the mission laying in the hands of a child didn't sit right with her, she's killed numerous generals and stile classified information from Westania but nothing could ever prepare her for this atomic bomb.

She sits down, giving a reassuring smile to Anya. After all, they've rehearsed this a thousand times. "First, we'll start with questions for the parents" the man with glasses stated while smiling at the family. He was a nice guy, middle aged but the children trusted him deeply.

"How did your relationship start?" the man asked while Loid froze. He knows the answer to this one but reciting it in front of Byzantine made him nervous. Doing his best to hide his doubts he turns towards the interviewers. "I met my wife when we were still in school. I was attracted by her calm manner and we became closer because of numerous conversations. She's kind and family oriented" he complimented while the other man hums.

Loid's answer seemed like it came out of a japanese novel. The interviewer looks at Byzantine and says "What about you madam?"

Byzantine smiled truthfully this time, she didn't expect the question to turn towards her, but she remembers in vibrant detail how she and Twilight first met each other. "As he stated we both met in school, but I've taken a liking to him on the first day. I'd follow him around trying to start a conversation but I was always too shy, until he spoke to me first. Obviously we both came around. He's kind and strong, he's an amazing father" she repeated the compliment while Loid nodded, not realizing that parts of the story weren't far from the truth.

"That's interesting" the interviewer repeated while Mr. Swan rolled his eyes. "You're so beautiful, why did you marry this man when you could've easily landed someone better?" he scoffed while Byzantine tightened her knuckles. If he's lucky he'd go home with a hand print on his cheek.

"That's a rude question, Mr. Swan" the headmaster scolded while Mr. Swan rolls his eyes once more. His wife and daughter left him, probably why he's bitter. "Now onto our next question" the interviewer broke free while looking at both of them once more.

"Why did you decide to join our school?" the man interrogated while Loid hums. He's already answered several variations of this question and now he knows exactly how to answer. "I wanted to join this school because of the teacher's high credibility and qualifications. We believe that no one but that proud teachers of Eden are capable of teaching our daughter" he answered in a rehearsed grin while the interviewers seemed satisfied. Byzantine grouped his answer with the kiss ass section. Looking at Anya she begins to notice that the child was slightly nervous, giving her a smile as she looks away.

"As parents, how would you describe your daughter?" the man asked while Byzantine chuckles, "Anya is filled with curiosity, she always thinks outside of the box and others might call it a weakness however she is very smart. She sometimes says things as if she's reading my mind" she finishes with a large smile. It was true though, sometimes it prevented Byzantine from thinking inappropriate thoughts.

"Her weakness is her picky eating" she added while turning to look at Anya. The child seemed flattered, it was definitely something they'd be talking about once they've reached home.

"How about you? As a mother, do you have education policies" the headmaster questioned while Byzantine nodded, "When Anya was younger I used to buy her everything she wanted, but as she grew older I realized that there were things money couldn't buy, that's why I became a little stricter" she answered. The questions were quite basic, it was expected since it was just preschool.

"You mentioned earlier that she was a picky eater, what food do you cook for her" the man quoted while she froze. Shit, I never cook. Realizing that the woman couldn't answer, Loid chimes in. "I cook, we believe that parenting is just like a company and both should give effort. That's why all of us do household chores" he answered with a smile. However it wasn't good enough for Mr. Swan.

"A woman that doesn't cook? You should be stricter on yourself and not on your daughter" the man ridiculed while Byzantine tries to keep her composure. Loid's eyes darkened with every word while looking at his supposed wife. "We all have our strengths and weaknesses. She's a good mentor for Anya, she likes things clean and tidy that's why our house is spotless" Loid came to her defense while Mr. Swan rolled his eyes.

"Well that's already expected of women" he scoffed unamused while Byzantine's knuckles tightened. He should be really fucking careful now. "Alright, let's head towards Anya" the interviewer broke free from the parents while turning towards the child. "What is your name and address?" he questioned while Anya's face straightened. "Anya Forger. Our address is Berlint, West Ward, Park Avenue 1–128" she finished with a courageous grin. She needed to make her parents proud.

"Okay, what do you do on your days off"

"I watch the opera and go to the museum"

Good, she knows what she's doing.

"What would you do when you are accepted" the man asked while Anya froze, Loid shares a stare with Byzantine while Anya huffed. "I want to uncover the boss' secret" she exclaimed with determination while Byzantine facepalmed. What the fuck–SpyWars, she needs to stop watching that.

"The organization boss, are you talking about the headmaster?" the man asked while Loid scratched his head and placed on a smile. "I'm sorry my daughter is more ambitious than most. She's curious about who is at the top" Loid reasoned while the headmaster seemed impressed. "Alright then can you tell us the name of the headmaster?" he asked while his eyes narrowed.

"Benedix Ivan Goodhella" A+ for effort, if you listen softly she said the right answer anyways. Byzantine nods while staring at Anya, trying to urge her to keep going.

"So what kind of effort do you think is needed to become as successful as he is?" the man interrogated while Anya froze trying to remember the plot of SpyWars. "Surviving through the jungle and relying on my body, and training spiritually by repeatedly facing life-threatening challenges" she replied with a memorized breath and the headmaster nodded.

"Between your mom and dad, who do you like more?" the man asked while Anya froze. Not wanting to answer the question. "I'd like to ask for a different question," Loid demanded while Byzantine sighed. Mr. Bitter Gourd, but the answer is quite simple. Anya likes me more.

"No, if she doesn't answer then I'm taking points off" He retorted with a smirk.

As tears fall from Anya's eyes, she turns towards her parents. If she doesn't get accepted then they'll be taken away again.

"I see, you can't choose. Is dad better? It's probably because Mom doesn't cook"

"Excuse me?"

"Byzantine, relax"

"Apologies but this isn't the kind of thing we expect from a respected institution."

"We have a lot of children separated from their parents because of dorms. If she breaks down just because of this question then she isn't Eden material."

Twilight punches the table and takes a deep breath. "Sorry, there was a mosquito."

"If your school philosophy is disregarding children's emotions and not building boundaries, then I am sorrowful to say that Eden's Academy is not worthy enough for our child". Byzantine answers while lifting Anya off her chair and walking out of the door.

---

Sorry for the slight delay, I actually had a hard time proofreading this chapter. 

Here are my dedications once more: 

Kbarr200, Jellyfishrindou, Sara2gm, Ehypensunoomaid, mrsderekmorgan, inuwui, cheesecakedelight and prex.