o. chapter three

<CHAPTER THREE: READY FOR ANYTHING PART ONE<

Byzantine could almost hear the sizzling bullets and the unhappy crowd

Byzantine could almost hear the sizzling bullets and the unhappy crowd. There was a battle waiting for them in Eden's Academy. With her brain as her sword, and her elegance as a lance she looks at the small family. Loid's face darkened while the atmosphere quickly turned serious. "It's the day of battle, check your belongings" he announced while Byzantine looks at her small bag. 

There was nothing but necessities inside of there. And Loid's suitcase held at least five outfit changes. "All good" she answered like a soldier prepared for battle. "Appearance check" he rebutted while Byzantine fixes Anya's bow. Everything needed to be perfect, there was no room for mistakes this time. 

"All good." she replied while staring at Loid. 

---

Eden's Academy was like a castle, years and years of hard work became the sole foundation of this institution. It would be amazing if Anya studies here. "It's so big" Anya coos while walking inside of the gates. They were being watched at all times, some people had elegance and some lacked it. The Forgers, well they had to fake it till' they make it. 

"Anya, are you okay with the crowd?" Loid asks while staring at the child. Anya often gets dizzy from the crowd, and that was something they had to avoid. "Yes!" the child answered with determination. She wanted to make her family proud, and to do that she needed to get inside Eden. 

"Then, let's get in" Loid replied while placing on his hat and giving a small smile to his wife. Byzantine could feel the eyes of a piercing crowd staring right at her. I can't believe they're watching us this early on. Trying to keep a straight face, she walks silently. 

This wasn't the first time she had to pretend as a wife of course. There was this one time where she was Shaina Phaque, she knows how the upper-class are. The more prestigious they can be, the better. 

"Both of you, calm down. The examiners are watching us" Loid states the obvious while Byzantine nods. 

They didn't need to be a genius to know that. Holding her bag with both hands, they stop in front of the statue. Placing her right hand in her left chest, she repeats what Loid is doing.

  Who is this man anyways? Founder? Headmaster? He has a shiny head tho. She resists her chuckle before moving on. 

"K-212, move to the first venue" the faculty member said while pointing towards a crowded path. Loid nods before they walked in the path. "They're still watching us, don't keep your guard down" he confirmed while giving a small smile to the family. Nowadays, Loid's smiles were more common, maybe he really did deserve this kind of life. 

"It's unsettling that they're watching us" Byzantine mutters while walking once more. She's never been to an interview that required this precision before. Even the Ostania government didn't watch them walk. "Anya wants to pick her nose" the child muttered while Loid sighs, "Absolutely not" he repeated while Anya pouts. 

Then a sound of agony followed, "Help me, I accidentally fell into a ditch" a child wearing Eden's uniform cries while Loid and Byzantine share a glance. It could be another exam, or a distraction. But either way the best thing to do was help. Loid places his suitcase down while tapping Anya's back lightly. "Mom, Dad. A boy fell! Can we help him?" she asks while pointing towards the boy. 

Loid walks towards the boy with a kind smile. "Are you alright?" he asked while the child's cry continued. Byzantine looks at Anya who was walking away, afraid of getting wet. Loid however walks towards the dirty ditch and lifts the boy with hidden elegance. Of course he was able to do that easily, and messily. 

"Are you hurt?" he asked while walking back to his family. "I'll give you my handkerchief" Anya offers while the child runs away. He probably knows that he got us in trouble, good thing I brought change outfits. Loid washes his hands, and smiles at Byzantine. "Good thing I brought other clothes, I always knew something like this would happen" she replies with a smile while they swiftly changed their outfits in a matter of seconds. 

"The grey one suits the school better, good thing you changed" Byzantine compliments while looking at Loid, "Other suits made me look like a country bumpkin" he replied with a light smile. Walking farther another scream could be heard. What now. 

"Watch out!" a man screams while she turns to look behind. It seems like the entire school zoo went rogue. Damn, they're really splurging on not getting us in. Loid picks Anya while they swiftly run away, "Make sure to treat the animals kindly!" Loid yells while Byzantine rolls her eyes. I hope no one saw me roll my eyes. 

A child falls down while Byzantine looks behind, with a sigh she runs close and scoops the child up. Saving him from the nasty hands of the toro. "You almost hurt my child!" the man yells while she places her hands on the child's shoulders. "Are you alright?" she asks while the child nods. Walking away from the both of them, she goes back to Formation D. 

Loid looks at her and she shrugs. "Anya isn't feeling well again" he replied while Byzantine pats her head lightly. The panic must've caused this. Looking at the herd of cows now charging at them, her eyes darken. They could use Loid's gun but that would disqualify them. Jumping in the air, she lands a kick on the animal knocking it down. 

Anya walks towards the cow, Loid freezes. "Anya that's dangerous" he warns while she pets the cow lightly. "It's not scary, calm down" she muttered while Loid runs towards her and carries her away. The cow stands up in defeat and walks away. Byzantine scratches her head. Did I overdo it? Sighing she walks towards her family. 

Suddenly a man from behind them bursts through the door. "Forger" he screamed while trying to catch his breath. "Thank you for helping us, we can adjust the interview for another time so you can go home and get ready" he announced while Byzantine smiles. "Thank you for the offer Headmaster. But we're prepared for the interview." she replied politely while the family changed into their 3rd pair of clothes.