o. chapter eleven

<CHAPTER ELEVEN: THESE ROADS LEAD US TO EACH OTHER

<CHAPTER ELEVEN: THESE ROADS LEAD US TO EACH OTHER< 

"Mr and Mrs. Forger can I speak to you separately?" The booming voice of Mr. Henderson broke through their conversation like a bloodied knife, Loid's heart skips a beat--"Of course" he replies while wiping his hands with a napkin and standing up. "Is this about Anya?" Byzantine questions, concern dripping from her tongue. 

Did something happen to her? To be honest, Byzantine has never felt this nervous for anything in her life. It seems like being with the family is causing all this anxiety.

 "Well--yes, but don't worry nothing happened to her" the man comforts while leading them down the hall. The woman was scared for her daughter, she could've gotten bullied or kidnapped. 

They halted in a secluded room. Mr. Henderson looks around while taking a deep breath. "Anya punched someone" he announced with a look of disappointment. He looked forward to having the small Forger as his student, given that his parents have shown impressive elegance and discipline. It surely seems like the apple fell far from the tree...really really far.  

"Excuse me?" Byzantine asks a little overwhelmed by the sudden announcement, Loid is definitely about to kill me. 

"Anya punched Damian Desmond" the man repeated with a scowl trying to understand why it was hard to believe. 

"That can't be true, Anya doesn't know how to punch someone" Loid defended his daughter while glancing at Byzantine. 

She quickly turned red staring at him. She shrugs at him and he sighs realizing that the woman must've taught Anya. 

"Where is Mr. Desmond? We'd like to offer our apologies" he quickly tries to calm the situation down while Mr. Henderson only sighed. 

"I called you here because that isn't a behavior we'd want from an Eden's student--if I was any other teacher Anya would've been expelled but since it's just the first day I have given her...One tonito" the man quickly replies while Loid freezes. 

Tonito = Not Elegant. Oh no. 

"Thank you for your kind consideration Mr. Henderson, we will talk to Anya about this behavior at home" Byzantine thanks the man, feeling slightly guilty since she was the root of this accident.

 "All is forgiven Forgers, but Anya needs to apologize to Damian Desmond." the man enunciated while the woman sighed. "Of course" she replied while grasping Loid's hands. 

"You may head towards the entrance now, for the photo" the man smiles while Loid sighs, placing his hat on and walking away. 

---

"Anya is sorry!" the child cries while clutching her stuffed fluffy. Byzantine sits beside the child, wiping her tears away. 

"It's alright Anya" she comforts while turning towards Loid. "It was my fault Loid, I taught her how to punch" Byzantine apologizes while Loid sighs. The superiors expect that Anya would become an imperial scholar in a few months, but with one tonito--that seems impossible.