o. chapter fifteen

<CHAPTER FIFTEEN: STELLA<

Anya runs towards her house in a hurry, her little feet pitter-patters across the halls of their apartment building

Anya runs towards her house in a hurry, her little feet pitter-patters across the halls of their apartment building. She dashes through their door, not bothering to remove her dirty school shoes. She stops as soon as she sees her mother washing the dishes and walks towards Byzantine, carefully tugging her plaid apron. 

"Is there anything wrong Anya?" the woman asks while glancing at the child who was still in her school uniform. "A guy from another class told us that we could get a stella if we do well in a game" she states while Byzantine frowns, a little skeptical about the child's info. "What game?" she interrogated, placing a bubbly plate down and raising her eyebrows. 

"Dodgeball" Anya states plainly while a mischievous smirk finds itself in Byzantine's mouth. "Well, that means we have to train. So you'll win" Byzantine replies while Anya nods. A wave of determination washing across her features. I need to win so mama and papa will be proud of me. 

----

Loid places his hat on the stand while staring at the two girls. Byzantine holds a ball on her right hand, positioning her feet so it could hit their bullseye. "What are you doing?" Loid asks while Anya releases the ball from her hand, hitting the man straight in the face. "Practicing Dodgeball" Byzantine replies while hitting him in the face with another ball. 

"Papa, you're out" Anya yells while blowing at her whistle, earning a chuckle from the older woman. To be honest none of them knew how to play dodgeball, exept the fact that you had to throw a ball at someone and it has to hit them. "Why are you both practicing dodgeball?" he questions while sitting down at the sofa. 

"So Anya could get a stella" she replies while sitting down beside him. "Alright, I'll leave it to you then" he replies while taking a sip of his water and laying down on the couch. "Are you really sure that you'd get a Stella doing this?" Byzantine questions the child while she nods. 

Anya places a hand on her hips, mimicking Bondman--as she opens her mouth to speak. "Anya promises to get a stella and become an imperial scholar". 

Loid raises his eyebrows while Byzantine chuckles. "We don't doubt you Anya, now go here--you're all sweaty" Byzantine orders while placing a towel on the child's back. It was something she saw parents do. "Do you want some juice?" she questions while Anya nods, both of them feeling really tired from all the practicing. 

----

It was dead in the night, you could hear the crickets chirping in the background--the owls hunting for their next prey. There were two figures beside the lake: Byzantine and Anya. "So this is where we learn your killer move" Byzantine says while holding a rock on her right hand. "Killer move?" Anya questions while trying to keep her eyes wide open. 

"Yes, every superhero needs a killer move" she replies while Anya nods, "So this is how you do it, you put the ball in your dominant hand--your left leg should be properly positioned, your hips should feel firm and all your power should go to your right hand. Then you---throw" Byzantine explains while throwing the rock. 

The rock creating it's own wind as it travels down the lake and splits it wide open. Anya's eyes widened while her mouth opens in agape. "Wow" she exclaims while Byzantine hands her a smaller rock. "Now it's your turn" she states while patting the child's back encouragingly. 

Anya hums, following all the woman's orders. The rock in her right hand--left leg there---hips firm and THROW. As she throws the pellet, it hardly makes any noise and falls right down like a failed paper airplane. "Oops" Anya mutters while Byzantine chuckles. "It's alright, you'll get it right one day" she jokes while reaching for Anya's hand and carrying her up. 

Anya yawns, "I think it's time for us to sleep now" Byzantine chuckles while they walk towards their house once more. 

---