o. chapter seventeen

>CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: HEROIC

>CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: HEROIC< 

FIRST PERSON POV - LOID

Byzantine was right, I've become far too engrossed in this make-believe life. Loid focus! None of this will ever become real. I sigh, placing the dishes down on the sink while staring at Anya who was watching her favorite show. I should probably work towards her Stellas, god knows the agency has very tough expectations. 

"Anya" I called out to her while walking closer. She looked like she was deep in thought, like she was hallucinating from the show. "Hey, you promised to be done. If you're gonna keep watching your show then I'll have to turn it off" I scolded while she turned to look at me slowly. 

She begins to stand up and run towards Byzantine's door. "It's boring!" she screams while I grab her easily, lifting her up the floor like a rag-doll. "And it is too hard" she complains while crossing her arms like a defeated soldier. I could Byzantine's footsteps behind me. 

"What's this about?" she questions while leaning over the doorframe masking her distain. "Maths" I replied plainly while setting Anya down on the floor. If someone told me that being a spy was easier than being a father, I would've laughed straight at their faces. 

Byzantine walks towards us, sitting down on the sofa with a small scowl. She reaches towards the remote and turns the tv off. "You know there are more ways to earn Stellas that don't include maths" she states while a lightbulb lights up in the back of my mind. "Like sports" she adds while I hand Anya a jump rope. 

"Let's see your aptitude" I mutter while she begins jumping up and down on the rope, eventually falling down after it becomes entangled in her hair. "Geography?" Byzantine asks while reaching towards our decorative globe and pointing towards a country, "what country is that?" she asked while Anya shrugs. 

"something land?" Anya questions while I bite back a chuckle. This is going to be a long day. Byzantine sighs while looking towards me, but not staring at my eyes. "There are other ways--like helping other people. I think you should both go out today and you should teach Anya about ethics and morality." she orders while placing the globe back down on the table. 

"And you?" I ask trying to determine whether or not she was just trying to avoid me. I couldn't blame her, I've been professing my love for her hoping that the answer would be different every time. "I have a migraine, I think it would be better if I stayed indoors" she reasons while smiling softly at Anya. 

She was definitely trying to ignore me. 

----

FIRST PERSON POV - BYZANTINE 

Now that they were both gone, I figured I could do a bit of spring cleaning. It's been a while since I've stripped everything down and cleaned it, I sigh while sitting down on the sofa. I could probably start with the ceiling. I was broken out of my thoughts by a loud doorbell. 

Are they back that soon? 

I grumble while standing up to walk towards the window, seeing who my unwelcome visitor was. I frown, it was Yuri. Yuri Brian, Brindal? Briar. I close the curtains contemplating whether or not I should let him in the house. He could be a spy or just someone who wants to bring harm. 

But then again it would be suspicious if I didn't let him in. Let him in or ignore him? I could always lie and say that I fell asleep. Fuck it. 

I grab my coat while walking downstairs and opening the door just to see his stoic face. I could tell that he was nervous, for what reason? I don't know. "Hi" I greet while holding the door slightly open. He smiles at me and hands me some flowers, "Uhh hi, I'm sorry for popping up here suddenly. I just don't have any friends around this area and my sister is still working" he explains while I nod, trying to find a reason to send him out. 

"oh" I answer plainly as he opens the door further. "You wouldn't mind going out huh?" he questions while I mentally scold myself. "Actually, I was about to follow my husband to the hospital--they're going volunteering there" I reason while trying to close the door. His hands preventing it from shutting. 

"Ooh can I come with?" he questions and I put on a false smile. "Yeah" I respond with hostility while opening the door and walking out. "We should probably just walk there?" I questioned while he nodded as I place the flowers down on our neighbor's window. 

Let's just hope that this won't be as awkward as it looks like it's going to be. 

----

FIRST PERSON POV - LOID

Anya was quite clumsy, she managed to ruin a lot of things. I sigh while doing our second task, which was organizing library books. It was an easy task, but that wasn't what I had to focus on right now. My task is to teach Anya the virtue of helping other people, how she'd learn it from dusting books? That's what I had to determine right now. 

I look towards my side to see Byzantine storming inside the library. I frown, I thought she had a migraine. "Right here" I motion while waving my hands at her. My frown deepens once I realize who she's there with, that Yuri Brian dude...

I clench my fist while she stands beside me. "What are you doing?" she asks while I hand her a book. "We need to organize the books by theme then alphabetical order" I answered while glaring at the Yuri guy deeply. "Oh hi" he greets coyly while taking the books from her hand. 

"I thought your head hurted" I questioned while rubbing her back affectionately, she turns my hand away while placing the book on the right place. "I'm fine now" she replies while we both walked out of that area, entrusting Yuri to do all the job for us. "Where's Anya?" she questions while a loud bang could be heard. 

"I guess we're not really good at this" she mutters while running towards the direction of the noise. The head nurse walks towards us with flames in her eyes, "You need to get out of here! You're doing more harm than good!" she screams while an intern follows her behind. 

"I'm really sorry Mr. Forger. You can grab your things on the pool room. I hope that you come again--to volunteer, uhh please stay safe" the intern mutters while running after a very hot headed superior. Byzantine turns towards me, "Why weren't you watching Anya?" she questions while Anya runs towards her, giving her a light hug. 

"It's alright. Let's just grab some food" I mutter while walking away from them. Yuri trails after us and sighs, "Are we going now?" he asks while we walk past the pool room. I didn't bring anything anyways. "Well, we're going but you are free to stay" I respond rudely while Anya freezes on her tracks. 

It was like something was boggling her deeply. She sprints towards the pool while the three of us chase after her like panicked parents. Byzantine curses, "Anya we need to go home now" she screams while Anya jumps inside the pool. 

I jump in immediately after. It was a very deep pool, I didn't want her to drown. 

I wanted Anya to be safe. 

Because that's what parents do. 

And I'm her parent. 

I reach out for her hand while another figure dances around my vision, I reach for it too until all of us emerge from the pool. I stare at the person Anya tried to safe, and breathe deeply. 

I guess dusting books taught her something. 

----

Dedication: 

(sorry guys I can't seem to put pictures in here)