o. chapter nine

<CHAPTER NINE: I'LL STILL CHOOSE YOU, EVEN IN ANOTHER LIFE

The wind was a tundra and the tensions were calm, it was the first time in months that the students of the W

The wind was a tundra and the tensions were calm, it was the first time in months that the students of the W.I.S.E academy were able to have a small break. Twilight sits on one of the benches while the woman silently sits beside him, "It's fun when it's like this." she hums while looking at him. They became friends a few weeks ago, and now it seems like she won't stop following him around. 

"I hate breaks." he replied blankly while she frowned. Impossible. 

"Well maybe it's just because you don't have anyone to spend it with. Don't worry! Starting from now, I will be here" she exclaimed while holding his hands. Typical Twilight, always has his head buried in a textbook, always quiet. "No." he replied while she groaned. 

"Stop pushing me away, because it's making me come closer." she mutters while sitting closer beside him. He moves a centimeter away, trying to resist the laugh coming out of his mouth. She looks at him while his smile finally broke free, "Alright, you're just amusing" he answers while sitting closer to her. 

"Is it official that we're friends?" she asks while giving him puppy eyes, he sighs while looking at his watch. "Sure" he answers while she smiles. Standing up she begins dragging him. 

"Where are you taking me?" he questions while she laughs, "Let's go buy some ice cream". 

---

The Westanian government was trying to chase them, men with guns and machetes were currently chasing them in the streets of Berlint. Twilight groans while grabbing a pistol and shooting at the enemy, "Shit, this is definitely your fault" she jokes while he rolled his eyes. 

"Well I didn't mean to do that" he screams while she shoots another man. Maybe they should just try to let us go. They were sent to Westania, three days ago to spy on a few Westanian Officials--but Twilight slipped and accidentally told someone their real identity. 

"I'm not scared of these soldiers, I'm scared of Headmaster Everdeen's wrath" she yells back while running towards another ally. The truth began creeping nearer, they both were not getting out of Berlint when they have an entourage following them. 

The fact that they got caught could mean foundation for world wars, Byzantine was not going to take the blame on this one. Pulling Twilight towards another alley, they had time to breathe. Byzantine takes Twilight's watch and starts sending distress signals. "It was their fault anyways, they sent rookies here" she comforts while changing her clothes. 

"They're going to put pitchforks on our heads" he retorts while she stared at him blankly,

 "They're going to put our head in pitchforks" she corrects while he shakes his head. 

"That's what I said"  

Suddenly a man with a motorcycle circles around them, "Ostania" he says while giving the woman a helmet. "We need confirmation" she replied with a slight frown. It could be another Westanian technique. "The world is quiet here" he whispers the code while Twilight gives a sigh of relief. 

"I can only fit one person" he states while Byzantine sighs, "Why?" she asks while handing Loid the helmet. 

"Byzantine, you're going" he orders while sirens began to implode around them. 

"Twilight you're the reason that they're here anyways, I can't let you endanger anything else" she defenses while giving him back the helmet. 

"Byzantine it's very clear that whoever is left will get arrested. I don't want to be the anti-feminist here, but you're a woman. They're going to do much worse." he explains while placing the helmet on the woman's head. Whatever awaited them was torture and pain, Twilight didn't want Byzantine to feel any of that.

"I'll hate you if you don't save yourself" she exclaims while holding onto his shirt. Twilight might've been the reason they were here but it wasn't a valid reason as to why he had to be the one left. "Then hate me" he replies with a bitter chuckle. 

"The truth is whatever we do, these roads bring us close. And despite trying to keep you apart--you find a way to creep near" he added while giving the man a signal to start riding a way. As the engine starts, Byzantine lets go of the man. As the motorcycle rides away, she looks back. 

"Twilight I love you, I love you a lot" she screams while he waves silently. From afar it looked like a man waving a white flag. Tears threaten to spill from her eyes.